What adhesive can I use????

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by 77railer, Jan 24, 2005.

1. 77railer

77railer Member

I need to know what adhesive I can use to hold foam onto a smooth table but later when I have to take it off will not damage the table? Help yall this is to be done before wednesday.

2. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Member

The only thing I can think of is hot melt glue. As long as the table surface isn't to porous, it can be pulled/scraped loose.
  3. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Can you clamp it? Put a 1/4' ply square under the clamps so they don't damage the foam (or the table ;) ).

The only other thing I can think of besides Doc's suggestion is latex caulking, which can be pried up later - but at what cost to the table I do not know...

4. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

I would think that hot melt will melt the foam and not work too well. My suggestion might be to use double-backed tape. Either the kind with the foam core or if both surfaces are flat enough, use the thinner stuff called carpet tape.
  5. yellowlynn

yellowlynn Member

I was fixin' to say the same as EZDAYZ. Double sided tape sound like the best bet.

6. SAL Comet

SAL Comet Member

A word of caution about two sided tape, some kinds are SUPER sticky and meant to be perminate. What is the tabletop made of?
  7. santafewillie

santafewillie Member

How about Woodland Scenics Accent Glue? It's made for attaching LPB's and you can pull them up later.
  8. 77railer

77railer Member

Its a table like you would find at convention centers with the fake wood tops that the legs fold under. Yall have given some good suggestions though. Thanks.

9. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Use small dabs of latex caulk. It'll hold it secure 'til you have to pull it up. Then it'll peel off with a little work.