What about a HALL OF FAME ?!

Jules Winnfield

I have been seeing some spectacular photographs of some incredible layouts! My one concern is that when I go back to look at them...I usually see something else and I am off in that directionsign1 I was wondering if maybe you would consider a Hall of Fame.Maybe in the gallery or seperatley. I know we already have an Academy which is a wonderful tool! But I think a couple of these guys deserve recognition.You could do this in many ways.Put together photos of various layouts...Have a poll.I don't know but,What do you think Ralph?anyone else?
As a matter of course...I nominate DOCTORWAYNE as the first inductee!I would love to see all of the pictures of his layout in one place!:)

ezdays

Out AZ way
Jules Winnfield said:
I have been seeing some spectacular photographs of some incredible layouts! My one concern is that when I go back to look at them...I usually see something else and I am off in that directionsign1 I was wondering if maybe you would consider a Hall of Fame.Maybe in the gallery or seperatley. I know we already have an Academy which is a wonderful tool! But I think a couple of these guys deserve recognition.You could do this in many ways.Put together photos of various layouts...Have a poll.I don't know but,What do you think Ralph?anyone else?
As a matter of course...I nominate DOCTORWAYNE as the first inductee!I would love to see all of the pictures of his layout in one place!:)
The Gallery is a good place to start. Everyone can open their own category (album) for whatever purpose they want. There are no limits to the number of categories nor number of pictures in each one that a person can have. We also have a "Winner's Circle" there where each month the winners of the photo contest gets put there. Sometimes if the votes are close, the top three go in.

If someone is willing to take on this task, we can talk about it some more. Let's hear from some others here on what they think should or could be done.:wave::wave:

doctorwayne

Thanks for the compliment, Jules. Perhaps when I have more time, I'll resize a bunch of pictures and post them direct to the Gauge, in the Gallery. Most of my threads use pictures from Photobucket: if they're not viewed after a certain period of time, they no longer show up. I try to go through all of my threads in the Photo Forum at least once a month, to keep them up-to-date: I think that the oldest one is on page 10 or 11. The one thread that I took the time to post all of the pictures directly to the Gauge has had few viewers, and no responses, although it is an off-beat sort of topic in the Scratchin' & Bashin' Forum.

Wayne

Will_annand

While Doctor Wayne has a good layout, I would nominate Robin Matthysen the King of Cerealboard as the first inductee.

Jules Winnfield

Will,
Thank you for your input...I am relativley new to this hobby and I think your reply gives an example of why the hall of fame may be a good idea.I searched the forums and could not find a picture of his work.I went on to google his name and became aware of his importance to this hobby.Would it not be nice to have an area of the gauge where we could browse his accomplishments?
Thanks

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Jules Winnfield said:
Will,
Thank you for your input...I am relativley new to this hobby and I think your reply gives an example of why the hall of fame may be a good idea.I searched the forums and could not find a picture of his work.I went on to google his name and became aware of his importance to this hobby.Would it not be nice to have an area of the gauge where we could browse his accomplishments?
Thanks

Jules,

There is an area of The Gauge's Academy dedicated to Robin -> Robin at his Best. All of his cerealboard-building threads (and more) are here for your browsing ;) :D

If you find any other threads that you find helpful, let us (moderators) know, and we will gladly file them in The Academy. If you are looking just for pictures, then The Gallery is a good place to start.

Andrew

Jules Winnfield

Thank you Will for the tips on Robin Matthysen I just came from Robins best and it was enthralling! and as iI can see Robin Matthysen is the hall of fame.Thanks again for helping me discover it!:D

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Thanks for the idea Jules, There really are some outstanding examples of modeling excellence on the forum. I like Don's idea of encouraging the use of the Gallery. I'm glad you were able to find some examples of Robin's work too.
Ralph