What a wonderfull world

Triplex

The branch to the lower right station is double track. Isn't that a little excessive?

Oh... you're in England, and assuming this is British prototype, that's not unreasonable.

Anyway, a stub terminal like that either needs to be on a wye to allow all trains to back in (and you don't have room for that) or have engine escape crossovers.

Russ Bellinis

Triplex, I can't enlarge his image, but it appears he has a short run around/crossover section between second and third track down near the yard throat for the station and another crossover just out of the switch leading from the mainline to the lead.

Why Me, I think that run around section is so short at the top, as to be useless. I think you should leave the crossover from the third track to the second track in place, but reverse the crossover that goes from the second track back to the third track in the second square from the top left. Depending on the length of your passenger trains, you may need to foul the main briefly when going into the station. However, you would be able to pull your train into the station lead, unhook the engine(s) and escape to the second track, back around the train to the crossover at the switch to the yard lead. Get behind your train and push it into the station. The crossover that is reversed would be used to push the train across into the top station track.

Why me

Ok was unable to sleep last night so redone my track plan opened up a little Russ tride what you said but got meself well confused lol

Attachments

• Mikes_Plan 8.jpg
    Mikes_Plan 8.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 5

Russ Bellinis

Ok, I hope I can help unconfuse you. You have a double track lead coming from the mainline "oval" into a 90 degree turn into the station complex. Right at the edge of the second square leading into the yard throat, you have what appears to be a cross over track going from the outside to the inside tracks. Then just past the yard throat you have a second crossover going from the inside track to the outside. Those 2 crossovers combined will allow you a run around track, but it appears that using those two crossovers only allows you to run around 1 or at most 2 cars. My suggestion is to make the first crossover parallel to the second one. If the trains are short enough to allow the engine to escape without fouling the crossover where the lead leaves the mainline, you could eliminate the second crossover entirely that is just beyond the yard throat. Now you pull your train into the station and unhook just at the crossover in front of the yard throat. Pull your engine(s) forward through the crossover, and back down toward the main and through the second crossover that is right off the main. Then you just come up to the back of the train and push it into the correct station track.

Triplex

By engne escape crossovers, I meant crossovers in the platform tracks, matching prototype practice. Those do eat up a LOT of the platform length, though.

Why me

Ok at long last the finale track plan track here and ready to go nw baseboads arrived last wenesday few bits of track lrft to buy then job done I start

Attachments

• Mikes_Plan14-_reduced (640x432).jpg
    Mikes_Plan14-_reduced (640x432).jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 5
  • e794_12.jpg
    e794_12.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 30

Why me

The othe pics are my kibri castle that needs to find somwhere to live on layout and barden barden station plus bonn station being built

Attachments

• castle%201.jpg
    castle%201.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 30

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
the buildings looks great and the trackplan is awesome,i dont know how i missed this thread :thumb: nice start.--josh

Triplex

Definitely a single-purpose layout; all passenger stations and engine terminal. Maybe a few of those tracks in the middle are for freight, but... If you know that's what you want, go for it.