What a steal at the LHS!

SD90

I just went in there not not planning on buying anything, and they had a huge sale on. I got 30 Atlas PS2 covered hoppers and some airslide covered hoppers for $3.00 EACH! They have the old rapido couplers on them, but even when you figure out another $4.00 per car for Micro Trains, trucks and couplers, it is still only $7.00 CDN per car! I filled them up with sand for extra weight, so they track better, they were a bit on the light side. Now, I need 2 SD45's to drag them around, but that's ok, real cement cars are very heavy too! I'm going to use them for my cement plant, and I got an entire 30 car train for $90! I still can't get over that. They also have undec SD90's for $69, ( that's CDN $!) but I had to keep telling myself, "You don't need anymore engines!" It pays to go to the LHS sometimes!

b28_82

Not to tease ya or anything but I have an older Kato SD45 that i just broke in on Sunday. Its the "Two Flags" paint scheme. Its not for sale though. I gotta have some of my own Canadian locomotives :p
Thats definately a steal for those PS2s, and I think those MT couplers are about the same in USD though.

Belmarvalley

I'm going to call the police. You should be arrested for robbery! :D

Outstanding find! As Atlas (and others) have been re-releasing these, I’m sure dealers are anxious to clear the older stock. I recently picked up a quartet of older ACF 2-bay hoppers for $3 too. Wish they had more because these are pretty nice – despite their age.

GRSJr

SD90,

You don't by chance have the two Atlas Lehigh Valley Airslide cars do you? I've been searching everywhere for them and would be happy to give you a profit.

Ray Stilwell

SD90

GRSJr said:
SD90,

You don't by chance have the two Atlas Lehigh Valley Airslide cars do you? I've been searching everywhere for them and would be happy to give you a profit.

Ray Stilwell

As a matter of fact, I do, 2 of them! Email me!

fifer

On A Sad Note

On A Sad Note , That is why LHS's are going out of business , you can't pay the light bill with that ,but still glad you made out on the deal Mike.
That is what our LHS did right before he went strictly to RC planes and then 6 months later he was gone. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :rolleyes:

Mike

GRSJr

SD90,

I sent an E-mail but I wonder if you got it. How about sending
me one so I can get your address and use my regular E-mail program.

Ray Stilwell

SD90

Owen, it was Chinook Hobbies,
GRSJr, I'll take a look and see what numbers they are, I just got home from Field, it takes a bit longer on the real railway than on my model railway!

SD90

fifer, I think they finally got the hint that alot of this old, overpriced stock they have had sitting on the shelf for years isn't going to pay the bills either. It is better to get rid of it at a loss, and get more stuff that does sell.

fifer

I agree Mike , But once you sell it all at a loss, then what do you buy?
They will buy what is selling in the area , and hope you don't have a strong RC airplane club!
Sad But True.
PS the layout is looking GREAT!!!

Mike

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

OwenCPR

Mike,

I popped in there this afternoon. Picked up some scenery accessories (tunnels and culverts) but have to agree - they are clearing a lot of their old inventory out - most of the stuff from the revolving display case!!!!

Fifer, I know other hobby shops have turned into RC Meccas but this LHS still looks like it is dedicated to trains for at least half of the shop and I think it will remain so

SD90

Ah, but is it better to get rid of it at a loss, or keep it sitting on the shelf taking up space for another 4 years? I have to say, I buy most of my stuff from on line stores anyway, like Wig Wag and BLW, no one can compete with thier prices for bigger things like locomotives. While I'm all for supporting your LHS, why would I pay twice the price for the exact same product? If I can get 2 engines on line for the same price as 1 at the LHS, which place do you think I'll get them from?

GRSJr

SD90,

The car numbers aren't critical. I just need the one with the flag and the one without the flag.

GRSJr