What a MESS

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Renovo PPR, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

It is a mess but Peter will get it all worked out in time. It sure is a different look and is going to take sometime to get used too.
  2. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

careful with the $%&^*#$* stuff,,, someone will complain that you used $%^&^%@!#$ in place of the real words you was thinking and you will get a note saying you have to change it!

i guess $%&*#$% is not PG enough for some.

3. Play-Doh

Play-Doh Member

Changing gears in forums is always a hassle...you want to fix the probs but not upset the members, and that is a fine line. I should know, I admnastor a music forum of 200+ members. Hang in their folks...play with it...its not as bad as some are saying.

Props to those working on it.
  4. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

I apologize for the outburst, but this new gauge is very horrible IMHO. The white backround keeps neary blinding me, I'm getting links to forums that have absolutley no conection to what I'm doing, my avatar isn't showing up, the smiles stink, and I'm getting pop-ups!
  5. ocalicreek

ocalicreek Member

So what were the problems with the old Gauge? Were they worse than the problems we now have?

I for one miss seeing photos in the thread itself...the links that open a new window is extra time I'd rather not spend and an extra step I'd rather not do. I hope this feature is just temporary.

I too had trouble logging on the first time but now it seems to work fine. I too miss my avatar and seeing all the other avatars. And just what is a senior member anyway? I'm only 31!
  6. ocalicreek

ocalicreek Member

And why am I a dorifto master? What the heck is a dorifto master!!!!
  7. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

You all need to calm the &#*$ down. There have been posts for weeks talking about the upgrade and letting everyone know what would happen. This is all just growing pains and it will get sorted out. You're all so busy griping about the stuff that's wrong you haven't looked around at anything new. There are even members talking about leaving for other forums already. Grow up and give the admin some time to get stuff sorted out. Upgrades do not happen overnight on a site this large and there will be glitches. Y'all got the patience to build layouts so detailed that you have to look at the photographs twice to be sure they're not real but you can't give the forum a couple of days to get things running smoothly?? Wow. :rolleyes:
  8. baldwinjl

baldwinjl Member

White background - brutal. I hope that can be fixed.
    Once I signed in all (or at least most) of the excess content seemed to go away. The 'sponsors' down the side are annoying, but if it doesn't get worse than that, maybe tolerable.
    I'm not seeing what you mean by links.
    I'm guessing all the smileys aren't loaded up yet, I will wait on that.
    Hopefully the links to pics and all will be fixable. The Aacademy with broken links would be a serious negative.
    I have seen no pop-ups, so I don't have a problem there.
    Here's a new one, the delete key doesn't seem to work.

9. Cannonball

I'm not really sure what a Sensa is either.
    Unless it's short for Senseless. :D
  10. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

you can upgrade servers without changing a thing about the site...
  11. Cannonball

Not always.
  12. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

I think they are names according yto how many posts you have. If it is over a thousand then you are a Sensa and so on for less then a thousand. I could be wrong though.

I agree with you Cannonball, even though I to find this site very confussing and not appealing right now, I again say that we need to give Mikey, Don, the Mods and Peter some time to work some things out. Then we can go from there. I would hate to see members already leaving, give it some time guess, HAVE SOME FAITH.
  13. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

al that has to do with how many posts you have made.
  14. ocalicreek

ocalicreek Member

I'm not griping...okay, well maybe a little bit. But I do hope the changes really are for the better. Good intentions don't make 'em right, but experience over time will tell us all if they work or not.

I did hear the warnings that things were going to change. I must have missed WHY things were going to change. Could somebody remind me?
  15. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

the colors can be changed, thats no big deal.
  16. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

i seen all kinds of warning, but no reasons.
  17. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

I believe I remember Don saying that the old server was being overloaded and causing the Gauge to slow down, could be wrong though. There were a few other problems I think to.
  18. scubadude

scubadude Member

I still think the changes were more about making more $$$$ than making the forum better for us.....
  19. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

if thats all, they could of bought more server space, or moved to a bigger one but kept the old gauge.
  20. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

im a member of another site that changes servers at least every 12 months, (they grow that fast) other then then the hour or so down knowone would know if they did not tell us.