What A Great Place to Find!

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by FlareBaffled, Dec 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Been tinkering about with papermodels for a while, making tanks and sci-fi stuff, and then I got hold of a copy of Pepakura :thumb:

Been a 3D modeller for a while, so I started converting projects over to make my own stuff. Finding a place like this full of like minded paper shapers is great.... lots of people to pester for tips and advice, and a place to show off any of my projects that are not so embarassingly poor :eek:

Currently building a Panzer 1, and finding out that converting Freespace 2 models to paper is easy as long as you don;t make the scale too tiny .... A 3" long fightercraft is a taxing thing to fold when your fingers don't fit in the right places! Might have to try that again with a slightly larger model!

For a laugh... I have started trying to make a MUCH larger scale model. A nice 'little' Star Destroyer. My all time favourite ship shape. I want to make a larger and more detailed model ...and following some experience with larger tank models, I understand better how to construct internal frames to build larger structures around. Hope I get lots of scrap card packing around the christmas tree this year ... I think I am going to need itsign1
  2. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Welcome to the fold! And you already know how to use Pepakura - cool! We have had several people work on designiing Star Destroyers in the past - one was looking like a really detailed model but was never completed; maybe the Dark Side got him. Glad to have you with us!

3. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Howdy FlareBaffled! :welcome1: Welcome to the forums!
    Sure sounds like you have had your fair share of practice at this wonderful hobby!
    I can't wait to see some of your work! We just love pictures of peoples projects here!
    The more the merrier! Don't matter if you think they are good or bad.
    We just love to look!:mrgreen:

It sounds like you will fit in here like a glove!
    I sure hope you enjoy your stay here and if you need anything, just give a holler!:twisted:

4. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Will fire up the old digital camera sometime soon and take some snaps. I have a nice home-brewed Baneblade WH40K tank, as well as a LEMan Russ I knocked together after the one I found on the net didn't look right. The kids are into this sort of thing, so I built 'em. They have to paint them though ;)

Recently finished the R7 Vostock rocket which looks very nice when done, and have started on the 1/96th Saturn V.... this is quite a BIG rocket...though not as big as the 1:48th scale one!!!!

Personal favourites are SciFi stuff though, so I will probably spend most of my time in there... I REALLY want to scracth build a Star Destroyer. Most of the papermodels I have found for this have been a bit of a let down....too small, or lacking in detail. Started on a 3D model, and some basic internal framing ... so if this goes well, I might be making my own :cool:

Aiming for a foinsihed product in the 2 foot long range. Fingers crossed...I have never done something this large before
  5. theanalogkid

theanalogkid Member

Pardon the pun Elliot
  6. theanalogkid

theanalogkid Member

7. FlareBaffled

FlareBaffled Member

Damn... I really need to proof read my posts!sign1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.