What a day !!!

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by allhallowseve, Dec 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

Forgive me for this but i just need to rant !!! i was laidoff from my job this moring after 6 years with the company. because of what they call cut back !!! i was manger overnight at Bj wholesale that over last to days decided to laidoff the Receving magner, the personl manger, the lost provents manger, a forklift driver a freezer work and the dariy guy What *&^ are they doing is this what Corp... America comeing to??? Were you brake your butt to make a liveing only to get screw over in the end

Well a least i turn on my tv and found on SciFi they put " AIRWOlf " that right i say "AIRWOlf" back on tv !!!!

thank you !! i feel better now
  2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Sorry man, that really stinks. On to better things I hope. Will be thinking of ya.
  3. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

I got the axe in almost the same way twice so far, so I feel your pain man.
    Apply for unemployment and milk it while you look for work. It's there for that reason, use it! :-D
  4. hpept

hpept Member

Unfortunately I know what you're talking about. Hope that the new year will start better than 2006 is finishing. Good luck!
  5. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

Corporate America only cares about profits. What they don't realize is that without sufficient, knowledgeable, and experienced staff, there won't BE any profits! I've lost 5 jobs over the last 10 1/2 years, 3 of them due to the same sort of nonsense (and the last due to a miserable so and so that had a grudge against me.) I'm still looking after 6+ months, so let's hope the new year will bring better luck for both of us. Meanwhile, let's go mangle some paper!

Scott K.
  6. i know that feeling, i worked at lentz milling as a truckers helper,,, but last one hired first let go... then 5 moths at morgan trailers .... grrrrrrr and the last was a helper at UPS all month kicking it with a promise of getting in the warehouse ,,, but as we all know if it gets busy we will call you:( :(
    good luck in finding something that will last
  7. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

2006 has'nt been very nice for me either. Just the idea that a better tommorow can be had is looking great.
  8. 46rob

46rob Member

You'd be surprised at the number of folks who've had the axe over the years. Tjhopse who haven't probably will someday. I'm retired now...but I've felt the pain a few times in years' past. Trust me when I tell you it's not the end of the world....The main thing to do right now, is to find another job--any job--that shows prospective employers that you're serious about working. It also helps fill in those embarrassing 'dead' spots in your resume'. Get your unemployemnt comp started, and then use your stae's employment assistence office to help you find a job, as well as scanning want-ads, and burning shoe leather. Don't think that just throwing a bunch of resume's out on the web and in the mail will net you much. When answering ads--beware of ambiguous ads, if they won't tell you upfront what the job is--you'll end up wasting a day, only to find out you'll be selling vaccuums door to door, or other crap. Don't overlook temp agencies. Many employers hire temps and later offer full time employment to the top performers.
  9. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Well for me ... I have had the axe for the last time. Due to some changes in the military I am seriously looking at joining the Army as an 'Armored Soldier'. My friend who is a couple years younger than me just joined in the Summer and is halfway through basic for the Navy.
  10. speedless

speedless Member

My sympaty
    6 years and a kick in the ...
    I was fired after 16 years,we developed 2 very complex machines for a VERY big US compagny (named after a nearby planet) with promise of production orders that never came.It turned out they have copied our desing and simply made the machines themselfes.So much for COPYRIGHT ! :mad: :mad: :mad:
    Hopely you will find something that can last,for both parts.
    PS.They are screaming for labourforce here in Denmark
  11. Grizz

Grizz Member

Things have a way of working out.
    I am currently enjoying my first paid holidays in ten years!
    I left the navy to spend more time with my family ten years ago and have this year only just scored a full time job. Lots of casual stuff that never worked out. I guess I got my wish and had lots of time with the family. It's when times are tough that I really appreciate this hobby of ours. The generosity of designers who give freely to the rest of us and the wonders that can be achieved with a few sheets of card, an internet connection and a printer. Fantastic!
    New year new opportunities,

12. allhallowseve

allhallowseve Member

thank you who have posted :)

It sad to see that it happen to more then one person !!

As for me on would and up would i guess !!! althought i'll never take mangment again i learn a hard less !!!! all the driveing i did 85 mile to a from !!

never again !!

thank again :) now to print out Marvin !!!
  13. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Sorry to hear............... the wife was laid off effective 31/12/2006.

Seems they sold the brand she sold, but it's awful funny that of all the people laid off (15), most were over the age of 45.

It seems that there is more than one way to get out of paying retirement benefits, besides bankruptcy!

Hey man go down to you local Unimployment Insurance and file a claim............ I work for Mississippi's Emplyment Security so I know that's what it is there for............. remember the money you get comes from your former employers taxes, so get all you can! Eventhought I know it really ain't that much.:cry:

Good luck, maybe 2007 will be your best year yet, even thought it's not starting out that way. We will be keeping you in our thoughts!

14. barry

barry Active Member

My best wishes for the New Year I finally gave up kissing backsides and worked for myself at least you get to chose the backsides occasionally. Some days were good some were bad but it was better alltogether. finally made a million then lost the lot when a certain Mrs Thatcher decided 16% interest was good for us went bancrupt the next day and now I am glad I ain't rich I don't fight with the taxman anymore and retirement is great.

best of luck mate
  15. Kevin G

Kevin G Member

Sorry to hear this man. I got the axe for missing one day in a year and a half after being with the company for 3 years. Got the unemployment wich helped a little but that just ran out on christmas. I've been out of work for almost 10 months and just wish i could find a job. Temp agensies turn me away, the unemployment office services here are a joke, wal-mart won't even hand out an application, and even all the fast food joints just kinda laugh when I try to get an application. It really sucks being a disabled vet, almost 30 years old, and almost zero hope of finding a job. My only hope at the moment is the VA vocational rehabilitation program, but that is still going to take months to hear back on that.

Sure hope you have better luck than I am having getting back on your feet.
    Keep your head high brother.
  16. sakrison

sakrison Member

I was the editor of the two most profitable magazines in the publishing company and got nuked in a corporate reorganization (sort of an internal hostile takeover). That was 13 years ago. I've been doing much better working for myself since then. Self-employment isn't for everybody, and my wife's moral support (and employer-provided health insurance) have been critical to my success. But hang in there. One way or another, there is "life after layoff."

"Merry Stressmas and Happy Hellishdays!"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.