Wewelsburg Castle

Discussion in 'Architecture Models' started by GaryM, Jan 10, 2012.

1. GaryM

GaryM New Member

Looking for drawings or a cardboard model, any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Longshaor

Longshaor Member

I remember coming across one several years ago, so it is out there... somewhere.
  3. GaryM

GaryM New Member

Still researching but haven't been able to come up with any plans or an actual cardboard model. Some good photographs have become available.

Attached Files:

4. Zathros

Zathros Guest

That is a beautiful Castle. I have never seen a kit for it. I wonder why, it's fantastic! :)
  5. Chris74

Chris74 Member

6. Ball15

Ball15 New Member

You can get a papermodel from the Castle in there Museum.

A big one for 3,60€ and a smaller one for about 1€.

Taken the big one three weeks ago. But the Model is in bad quality.

I can shoot some photos if you want.

7. GaryM

GaryM New Member

Hi Ball15,
    I appreciate the offer of photographs as they will help with the measurements on my drawings.If the quality of their paper model isn't much isn't much good I think I will proceed with making the model in light wood.Thanks again Regards Gary
  8. Ball15

Ball15 New Member

Hi Gary

Send you PM

9. Longshaor

Longshaor Member

There's a paper model available from USM Books. No idea on scale and it looks pretty crude.
  10. zathros

zathros -----SENIOR---- Administrator

I always get leery of places that were so glorified by the Nazi's, the SS in particular. There are so many castles, and yes, this one is odd. I could easily build a model of it. I wouldn't though, just because I know some Nazi idiot somewhere we get his rocks off with it. Good luck on your search. Maybe you should try your hand at designing one. Floor plans are everywhere.