Western Shipping

Discussion in 'Trackside Photos & Details' started by MasonJar, Apr 21, 2008.

1. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

This is a former Walthers 'Hardwood Furniture' kit that has been bashed into a (not so) shallow backdrop building for a friend's layout. I finally got it done this weekend - and the tour of which his layout it part comes up this Saturday! :eek:

Attached Files:

2. brakie

brakie Active Member

Nice! :thumb:
    What's the foot print?
  3. MasonJar

The front of the building is about 1 foot wide, but because it's on an angle, it comes out about 9" from the wall. The other three sections total about 30" or so. The styrene sheet it is on (i.e. "paved" area" is about 16" deep and 40" wide.

It was a really fun building to work on, although it took me about 6 weeks of 30-45 minute work sessions to get it done!

4. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Looks good, Andrew, and a decent size, too. :thumb::thumb:;):-D

5. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

WOW sweet Andrew!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  6. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

I like it a lot! Neat little loading dock scene too.
  7. MasonJar

Thanks for the kind words guys!

8. RonP

RonP Member of the WMRC

Looking great Andrew. I like the figures included too makes it look all the more real.
  9. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

Cool! Is it served by trains or trucks? If it is served by trucks, you need to chip the corners of the pillars between the loading doors at about the same height as the bottom of the ramps. Those pillars would be hit many times by truckers trying to get their trailers backed into those loading docks!