Western Maryland Caboose

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by Chessie6459, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

A former Union Pacific Caboose #49940 is being transfered into a Western Maryland Caboose. The caboose is currently at the C&O Shops and is in pieces. Each piece is being taken apart carefully so it is not damaged. Below is a link of what color scheme was choosen and what the caboose will look like.

Work Has Started On The Caboose. Below you will see that the shop painters have already painted the roof black. About 1:00 p.m today workers have painted the one side gray. Work continues to progress as this, the caboose needs to be completed with in the next few weeks as it is needed for mainline service.

Top Of Caboose

Left Side Of Caboose

Body For Caboose

Left Side Ready For Paint
  2. Chessie6459

Both Cabooses Together

The left side is all painted. Only 3 sides left to go.

Both WM Cabooses Together
  3. Chessie6459

The Hand Rails have been painted.

Top of the cupola.

Side Of Caboose

That is all for now. More to come later on today as I have made progress with the other side and of the frame of the caboose.
  4. MilesWestern

MilesWestern Active Member

You're getting good at this! How did you paint them so nicely?
  5. Chessie6459

Thank You Miles. I just you a paint brush to do it all. That is what I am used to painting with and I find it easy to do.:D
  6. Triplex

Triplex Active Member

I always liked the "circus" scheme. It'll look good.
  7. Chessie6459

Thank You Triplex.
  8. chessie4155

chessie4155 Active Member

Looking good:thumb: :thumb: I like the Speed and Circus schemes..
  9. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Neat! Well on the way! I like the scheme too. What kind of tape do you mask with for brush painting?
  10. Chessie6459

Thtank You Guys for the comments.

Ralph, I use 3M Scotch Blue Painters Tape for masking. I read it in Model Railroader that it works great for painting and I must say it sure does. It doesn't stick to the paint or when you pull it off it doesn't tear the paint already there. I highly recommend this to anyone.