Were you from...?

New Guy

I'm a new guy here in the Guage , but have enjoyed it very much.
I also belong to the Ebay N Scale forum and am a moderator there.
They are also a Great Bunch of Guys (509 strong).
I was born in Warsaw Indiana but my family moved to Albuquerque New Mexico in 1956 and I lived there until my wife and I moved to Las Cruces New Mexico in 1990.
Mike Fifer
:wave: :wave: :wave:

Arlaghan

Sep 9, 2003
S. FL
I myself came from the Atlas forum. One of the Gauge members posted an open invitation to the Gauge Chatroom (and subsequently received a bombardment of flames) and since then I was hooked! Met Rich, Conrail_1, Spitfire, Blake, N_Gauger... what better welcoming committee could one ask for? :D

I live (born and raised) in and around Miami, FL. Yes, my home was destroyed back in '92 by Hurricane Andrew and yes, we are much better off as a result of it - although I can't say the same about the insurance companies. :D

jawatkins

Aug 21, 2003
Allen, TX
Visit site
I came over here from the Trains.com forum. The people over there just like to fuss at each other too much. One of the guys on Trains.com recommended this sight to me. I also participated on the z scale forum, but found them to not be a very friendly or welcoming group, in my opinion. Glen (zeeglen) has had more success with that group than I have.

I haven't been able to post as much as I would have liked these past few weeks, but have checked in from time to time. Now that things have settled down some, hope to get back to railroading again and posting.

P

philip

In a car down by the river! Where's my beer! I stumbled in here one night not long ago.:)

Oh yeah, a flooded river.

philip

Jim T

Jan 25, 2003
Warrenton, OR
www.freewebs.com
I got started in model railroading a little over a year ago. I can't remember how I found The Gauge but I did shortly after I got started. Great group of friendly and knowledgeable folks here. I look at several other groups each day. The other two I like are RR-line and On30 Conspiracy. Both seem to have a congenial bunch of folks like here.

Cheers, Jim

Tileguy

Apr 28, 2003
Northern Mn
Visit site
Well now, I remember well.Dan Raitz a member here and a local modeler invited me to check it out here.By the way Dan, did i ever thank you for that:)
My signature pretty much gives a clue where i live and my Spanish is enough to get me through a wek long Vacation

Dos Cervesa por favour
&
Donde este el banyo.....gracias :D

Alan Bickley

Dec 22, 2003
Bicester, Oxford, UK
Visit site
I'm a bit confused. When you said where you from, did you mean where I live, or how I got to this site?
Oh well, I'll mention both.
As my profile says, I am from a large market town called Bicester (Pronounced bista), which is approximately 15 miles north of Oxford (Home to loads of colleges, universities, and the Cowley car plant, where BMW produce the "new" Mini - enough information?).
As for webdom, I was told about this site by the moderator of www.ukrecmodelsrail.co.uk . So I joined here. (Their site's discussion forum was too quiet anyway).;)

shaywen

Dec 31, 2003
Visit site
Where are you from...?

Hi everyone...

I'd been reading a bit at trains.com and atlas. Then I stumbled across The Gauge while searching for scratchbuilding info. I've been lurking happily ever since, trying to absorb the wealth of information here, and admiring the beautiful photos.

BTW: I don't have my own layout yet, but I have a 50% partnership in the Auggy Division of Hairy Otters Railway. There I can play, photograph, and run our 2 and 3 truck MDC Shays, once I finish building them.

Thanks for all the great info!

shaywen