Were you from...?

CN1

To all our new members, welcome to the Gauge.

Where you from?

Ions ago (2002 for the curious) I used to be on the Atals Forum. Later on the Model Railroader Forum has well.

I found this site through a fellow forumite. Great bunch of people, lots of good ideas and lots of knowledge to draw from.

Welcome aboard

:wave: :wave: :thumb:

geep15

For the record:

I'm from a small town in Texas, about 50 miles from the DFW Metrosprawl. Wasn't born in that state, but I got here as quick as I could:D :D

I'm a native Midwesterner.

I'm a member of more fora than I care to mention. With the exception of the Atlas forum, Great Lakes Rail, and any of the free-fire zones on AOL.

Hello, CN1.

¿Me ha parecido oir que alguien quiere practicar español? :)

(I would define my english as "tolerable") :rolleyes:

Merry Christmas to all, my friends.

shamus

Registered Member
Me, I came straight here just over 2 years ago as this was the first forum I found.LOL and I'm still here.:rolleyes:
Shamus

guppyman

I am a semi-active member here and quite a few other forums-...

I say semi-active because I read far more than I post. But I have to say.... This is by far my favorite forum to both read and participate in.

spitfire

I started off at Atlas (which I discovered thru their website) and tried to get a couple threads going with little response. I wish I could remember how I found this forum, but the first time I got an email saying someone had responded to my post, I was hooked.

I soon discovered what a friendly, knowlegeable and helpful group we have here and have never looked back. Now the only time I check the Atlas forum is when I hear there's another crazy flamewar going on. (Gloating is fun!)

:wave: Val

mhdishere

I also started off at Atlas, and a while back RR-line had a big flame war that spilled over to Atlas, so when RR-line came back I checked it out and liked it, then found The-gauge thru rr-line. The-gauge and railroad-line are my two favorite forums, although I still check and occasionally post on atlas and bachmann's forums.

CN1

Topo, aproximadamente, poco mas o menos. Muy herrumbroso!

I can read better. Where are you from? I have friends in Seville and Barcelone. I was born in Bilbao and then moved to Canada.

Saludo

Muy bueno pescado taco.

O.k., there's the extent of my Spanish....I think it means something like "very great fish taco" or something like that.

Anyway, i've been on this forum since early this year, and like the guppyman I read more than I post, but enjoy the folks here greatly. I also post quite a bit a RR-Line, and recently on Railwire. Used to be at Atlas as well, until recently.

Regards,

¿Bilbaíno? Aupa! :D :D :D
I'm from Irún, 20 kilometers east of San Sebastián!

I have lived several years in Brussels (Belgium), and after that, in Valencia, but now I'm back in my home city.

I'm not been very active in The Gauge in the past months due to a work rush! :eek: :curse:
(but I hope that this will change soon) :rolleyes: ;)

CN1

Aupa! indeed!!:eek:Irún, I know where that is. Have you been to Bayonne?:confused:
Maybe we have the same relative;) :confused: :D

Originally posted by CN1
Aupa! indeed!!:eek:Irún, I know where that is. Have you been to Bayonne?:confused:
Maybe we have the same relative;) :confused: :D
Bayonne? Yes, several years ago I used to go to Bayonne in week-end. (Pretty girls, the bayonnaises :rolleyes: , and nice old city et très sympa people).

Bueno, amigo CN1, que tengas unas Felices Navidades y un próspero Año Nuevo (y que los Reyes Magos te traigan muchos trenes el día 6 de Enero!) ;)

Merry Christmas to all Gauge friends, too! :thumb: And good luck with Santa Claus/Père Noël/St. Niklaus/Reyes Magos... :D :D :D

Cpt Carter

This was the first model railroading forum that i found!!

Although i don't post very often i read almost everyday.

This place is great

:thumb:

Lighthorseman

Hmmmm...

I cannot remember exactly HOW I found The-Gauge, just that I'm really glad that I did. :) I am an occaisional poster on a couple of other boards, (mostly the On30 Conspiracy) but I like the gauge the best. :thumb:

ezdays

Out AZ way
About a year ago I decided that MRR would be a fun way to fill the void left by retirement. I started to check out several different forums and posted some messages on trains.com. At that time I wasn't even sure of what scale I wanted to model in. I got a friendly response there, but the forum was not put together such that it was easy to navigate or follow a thread. I went over to Atlas, and, well, in the spirit of the season, lets just say the response I got there made me wonder if maybe RC planes wasn't more to my liking. :rolleyes: Well, CSX6638 :wave:, who frequents this and other forums, told me The-Gauge was a good place for information and friendly people. He was right. :thumb: :thumb:

I have never asked a question here where others weren't willing to jump in and help, no matter how basic the question was. And the pictures, wow!:thumb: :thumb: One of the reasons I was glad I finally had access to broadband.

I have a lot to learn and I can't think of a better place to do it.:D :D

Don

Peirce

I am not sure, either, how I first landed here, but I never had any regrets. It is easier to say why I stay. Mainly it is because of the intelligent and caring company.

Pooh Bah
I was looking at trains.com and someone suggested the-gauge as a place that had some British modellers on it. Well, even if those British modellers are modelling the American backwoods :D, I've hung around and put in a few hundred dollars of my two-cents-worth. ;)
I check out the other forums that get mentioned here, but my access is limited to a couple of hours a night, so I limit myself.

zeeglen

Found The-Gauge from a post on the trains.com forum. Check trains.com every few weeks, but The-Gauge window is always alive on my PC. Don't get to check in as often as i would like, but every few days browse through the latest postings, post a few times, and sometimes get into the chat room. Great bunch of folks on The-Gauge!

Was from Winnipeg Manitoba Canada originally, then lived in Kemptville Ontario Canada for many years, now live in Allen Texas just north of Dallas.

geep15

I forgot to mention it's much friendlier than some fora (is that a word?) I've seen. I include it in my list of places to visit, and would recommend it to most anybody.