were to get n sale track

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by zachary, Sep 4, 2006.

1. zachary

zachary Member

Where is the best place to get track a locomotivies .for a decent price thanks zachary f
  2. stary

stary Member

I like 4nscale.com

Good prices, great customer service!
  3. LoudMusic

LoudMusic Member

I would recommend your local hobby dealer, and I think a lot of the people here would agree with me. Web stores are generally thought of as having really great prices, but I think you'd be surprised by your local shops. And keep in mind that the local guys are paying the shipping costs for you. They're also there to answer questions and generally be friendly and a good source for train conversation.
  4. zachary

zachary Member

tanks but i dont rlly have a hobby shop that sekks trauns the ckosest thing is hungates but the have down sized their train selection so im sind of forced to buy thanks got go n
  5. tverskaya

tverskaya Member

Well, maybe this comment isn't liked by everyone, but if you're on a very tight budget, I would suggest ebay. However, you may risk buying a cat in a bag, but you can find second hand locomotives and track for very little there. Of course, some hobby shops may also have them, and you might be lucky at a show.
  6. stary

stary Member

yes, but suppose you can't get around very good, like me.
  7. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Standard Hobbies has the best prices on track in my opinion. Also on cork roadbed. They advertise in Model Railroader and have an 800#. They also have a wesite:

8. pennman

pennman Member

Hey Zach If I was you I'd try Mike over at FIFER hobbies, Hes a memeber of the gauge and he shoots to you a pretty square deal, there might be cheaper out there but atleast mike stands behind his product and hes there if you need a question awsered.
    hers a link to him Email and see what he can do for you,