Well Ready To Post pics.

francismaximus

Ok I finally think I want to show you guys what I've been doing. And I'm sure I will get plenty of "helpful hints". Since After looking at my own pics I'm wondering "you spent all this time on that?". But honestly Everytime I look at my layout "as is", I still feel like its my baby. I know I need trees, weathering, signs, roads, and lots of other stuff but this is the point I'm at where for me anyway it takes a week to get the tunnel portal made, painted etc etc. Hope you like it.:)

Attachments

• Feb 2005 023.jpg
    Feb 2005 023.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 111
  • Feb 2005 020.jpg
    Feb 2005 020.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 113
  • Feb 2005 019.jpg
    Feb 2005 019.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 117

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
That's cool!!! Dont forget - when you weather that portal - make a darker "v" ahaped area straight up from the center - to represent smoke from the steam engines :) :) Like I did here :)

Attachments

• FountainSM.jpg
    FountainSM.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 110

francismaximus

Well ok but, its a mess bit here goes nothing. The whole thing!

Attachments

• Feb 2005 024.jpg
    Feb 2005 024.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 94
  • Feb 2005 025.jpg
    Feb 2005 025.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 96
  • Feb 2005 028.jpg
    Feb 2005 028.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 93
  • Feb 2005 029.jpg
    Feb 2005 029.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 91

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
No messier than most of us FM. Thanks for the photos. Gives us a better idea of your layout.

Great layout! :thumb:

Certainly making progress!

:D

EDIT: Okay, I'm not totally sure, but what scale is it? Hehehe. I noticed the Atlas Depot is a tad small for the scale... the guy is hitting the celing! I assume the layout is HO, right? Anyway, keep up the good work. Love the photos.

francismaximus

Its HO but the depot is a lifelike prebuilt and lighted kit. The Depot is ho but life like may not be so "life-like". I need trees trees and more trees and roads. Can you notice that the more real objects like the tunnel and left rear rocks are more real then the "green shiny stuff". Thats obviously because they were the third and fourth tries. Well live and learn. I'll tell ya though this is definatly a heck of alot of fun. Oh and my 3 year old ratted out my wife for playing with the layout. Apparently the 4 month old likes watching the trains go round and round. (so if now I got the whole family hooked........hmmm possiblilties endless;) )

ausien

Grab the oppertunities, when you can, encourage the wife to run trains with you, it will save on the complantes department when you spend that extra cash on it. by the way its a great looking layout,keep us posted on the progress...have a good one steve..

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
francismaximus said:
Can you notice that the more real objects like the tunnel and left rear rocks are more real then the "green shiny stuff". Thats obviously because they were the third and fourth tries. Well live and learn. )

You betcha! Its the practice effect and the more we do the better it gets!
Thanks for giving us a look at the layout!