well i got it done!

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by ozzy, Jan 20, 2007.

1. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

i got the shelf up and trains running around my computer room! got a 1954 marx plastic set up there running now. wanted to run something cheap to test it before i put some of my good stuff up there....lol its running on lionel fasttrack.

the wife is SOOOOOOO happy about it. i was up till 4:30 am putting it up making all kinds of noise.........lol

now she has trains in the puter room along with my 4 x 16 foot N scale layout in our bedroom.....

im still holding out for one in the living room
  2. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

I got the living room and told no way in **** were we putting one in the bedroom. :D
    You need to get some pics of the computer room layout! :thumb:
  3. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

underneath the running train im going to put up shelves on every wall. maybe 3 or 4 shelves on each wall to display all my lionel pre and post war, and marx stuff with little name plates telling what each car is and the years they was made.

im thinking about getting the boy some more slot car track and putting it up in his room like i did the train.
  4. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

Two very cool ideas! :thumb:
    Couldn't you get the boy more interested in trains though? ;) :D
  5. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

i been trying, with no luck, atleast the slot cars are better then his video games.... and i like racing him.. but i think he cheats!..lol
  6. Dave Farquhar

Dave Farquhar Member

I agree, better slot cars than video games. You can learn more from them. I played way too many video games as a kid, but the kids today play more than I did. Slot cars and trains give you a chance to learn about electricity and gears and lubricants and stuff like that. If I'd realized when I was younger that science lets you make cool stuff like that, I'd have paid a lot more attention in science classes. And if I'd realized that track plans are geometry, I might have even paid attention in math (shudder).

You're ahead of me too, the only time I get a train upstairs is at Christmas time, around the tree. Some years I can stretch that out and keep the train up until the end of January or so, but not this year.