Well I am alive........

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by TN_Trainman, Dec 5, 2006.

1. TN_Trainman

TN_Trainman Member

Well here it goes, the other night my wife was gone to work and I was setting at our dining room table looking at the rolling stock and locos I have purchased and then I had a vision, since I cant start my layout benchwork until after Jan 1, I could take double sided tape and mount some track on the table. :D I mean after all what would it hurt right? And the benifits were I could test rolling stock and locos that I had been buying over the last month. BBBBAAAAAAAWWWWW......one roll of double sided tape and away we go......:thumb: so after about 3 trys I manged to make an oval with a smaller spur oval ( had two atlas snap turnouts someone had given me at work) "Its alive ...its alive.." I felt like Doctor Frankenstein..........

So I set in all my glory, running and testing all my rolling stock and locos......I was in heaven....then I looked at the clock..almost time for the wife....ahhh it will be alright I assured my self, after all we had painted over 5000+ warhammer figs, built dioramas, made medieval armour on this table..it was just another passing of right for this table which has served 8 children and my wife and I for over 10 years.

Well in rolled the wife........she looked at the table crooked an eyebrow and said "whats holding the track to the table" I smuged and replied two sided tape ( in my best Don Juan wobble of the head).....she frowned and said...." if any of that gets into your locos wheels you will be sorry"

You know I dont know if that was a helpful hint or psyops revenge............anyway I have went over the tracks 3 times to make sure....because the last thing I want to hear is the dreaded announce1 " I TOLD YOU SO"

Just wanted to thank all of you guys for helping and answering all of my questions so far.

2. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

That is good to hear you got to run your trains George.:thumb:
  3. oldtanker

oldtanker Member

George, great, when I got back into the hobby I used LL power loc track and ran em on any flat surface!

4. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

Ooooohhhh...the dreaded reverse double-secret psychology!