well guy sorry to say this

jawatkins

Aug 21, 2003
Allen, TX
Visit site
I'm truly saddened to hear of what is happening with your son and your family. All any of us can do is to take each day as it comes. I will most certainly keep you and your little guy in my thoughts. But while you are taking care of him, remember that you shouldn't feel guilty about taking time for yourself.

Dave Flinn

Dec 26, 2000
Lansing, NY USA
www.lehighvalleyrr.com
Scooby:

I will join in with all the others here who have expressed their thoughts. It's amazing to me the support that can be found here on The Gauge from all sorts of people whom we may never know in person, but who share a common interest of railroads. This common interest extends to all aspects of our lives together.

I wish you and your familly the best of luck, and hope that the procedures will be helpful to you and others.

rsn48

Feb 27, 2003
North Vancouver, BC, Canada
Visit site
Scooby,
To help you cut down on your pharmacy bills, I suggest you check out some pharmacies in Canada to make your purchases. To make a long story short, you might be able to save a substantial amount of what you are paying.

Right now there are millions of Americans buying in Canada (drugs) as the prices here are much lower. Whenever I have posted this before, some one usually chimes in that the drugs in Canada aren't as good as the American ones, for whatever reason they put forward. Put the meds are the same meds from American companies, or generic knock offs - like buying a no name brand of acetimophen, instead of Tylenol.

I don't have any suggestions for you at present, but you can order them over the internet from Canada. Email me if you would like further assistance (all I do is an internet search until I come up with a Canadian on line pharmacy and pass it on to you).

I once got a thank you email from an elderly forumite who had taken my advise. The drugs he and his wife were taking cost about $600 a month; he told me his bill dropped to $250 a month.

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
rsn48

it is not the meds that it the most it is the med equipment it is running around 700.00 a month for his apnea monitor plus sulplies with run about 150.00 and 2,500.00 for each download once a month and then their is his breathing asst that is 1,500.00 a month for it plus new sulplies with run 450.00 a month then he also has a suckshin unit that is runnin 450.00 a month plus sulplies with run 200.00 then he is also going on a cough asst with i don't know what that is going to run. but when it is all said and done after both of his ins pay out we still have a 2,700.00 bill a month

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
WELL GUY I HAD A PHONE CALL LAST NIGHT

i got a phone call last night and they want us to be out in philly on tuseday for some testing i called my brother and talked to him lastnight he called his boss and his boss if flying us out their in a lear jet monday mid afternoon and he will pick us up and fly us back wed's night . my wif is not happy about it becouse she has to work and can't get it off i told her it will be ok we will be home wed's night and you just go to work we need the money .
she said ok so last night i was on the phone till 2 am with getting things ready to go out their and getting his papers for all the dr's in the past months i hate when they do this no time and lots to do well guys i thought i would let you know what was going on and after this visit it is just waiting for that phone call for the sugery

bye bye for now will let you all know what happens

jeremy

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Sorry it's sp stressful on you Scoob, but I hope you two have a blast zooming around in the Jet!

I used to fly in a military T-something, that was able to keep up with our fighters. It was a little 7 seater (pilot, copilot, and a little jump seat for one crewman, then four passenger seats), with 2 engines on the sides of the fuselage. We flew wingtip to wing tip along my squadrons jets, then did a carrier brake and we got all scrunched down and goofy faced from the G's :D :D :D loads of fun!

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
No man is an island Scooby. As Sumpter said "You have an extended family whom you never met...".
It is folks like The Gauge members and your brother's boss who gives me faith for the future of the human race.
You have courage and faith, may it never diminish.
take some comfort from knowing that there are those of us in far flung places who care about you and your family. God bless you all.

Errol

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
It is folks like The Gauge members and your brother's boss who gives me faith for the future of the human race.

What a great person that boss must be. Few would do so for their own employee's, but immagine a business owner who would spend 1000's on a special trip in a private jet for an (no-dependant) employees relative. And Scouby, you and your brother have obviously impressed the boss with your behavior.

Don't worry, dear Errol, most of us humans are still good, just doing what we have to to get through another day. It's the groups of people that you have to watch out for! :D

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
well guys we have made it out to philly for his testing

he is doing good and they are amazed at how good he is doing and we have one more test for tomarrow and they we are done with it and on the way back home

i thought i would just let you all know what was going on and i will up date you all later this week

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Scooby, only now I stumbled over this thread. I'm deeply moved by the fate of your son. What a brave family you must be! My best wishes and thoughts are with you all and especially your son.

I hope that at least he got a little bit of fun out of that flight with your boss' Learjet. (Wish that more bosses would be so human like yours!)

Ron

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
Tis a sad state of affairs when the richest country on Earth, the almighty democratic and free U.S. of A, forces a family to sell personal possessions to pay for the medical care of a child. Not even in Iraq was this the case. (That's if they could get the equipment and medicines etc due to embargos anyway).

IMO, no amount of prayers, thoughts wishes etc is going to help your son either.

The only thing that will help, is good quality affordable medical treatment being made available to those that need it. Especially children.

As already mentioned by others, the health and welfare of a child should be paramount in the family, and this objective should also extend to the state, and the governments we elect.

I know for a fact that your circumstances would not happen here, where free and affordable medical and hosptial care and treatment is available to all, with no prescription drugs from pharmacies costing more than $15 US, and for those that are elderly or unemployed/chronically ill, no more than $1.50 US, and free for all, if provided as part of hospital treatment.

Scoobey, I do hope your son is receiving the best possible love, care and treatment for his condition.

I apologise if this has come across as a bit of political rant, but I trust all those in the U.S. will use their democratic vote in the up coming elections, to ensure quality and affordable healthcare, for all those that need it, is high on the political agenda.

Scooby, I do feel for you and your family and the circumstances you find yourselves in. **HUGZ** for you and your family from right round the other side of the world. :)