well good news on my son

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
well guys and gals we got the news we wanted to hear for awhile we are going back out to philly in sept for more testing and then any time after that he would have the surgery that would slow it down or just might stop it they called me last night and i talked to the dr's out their for 3 hours on the phone and they told me he would have the surgery befor he turns 3 years of age i was so happy to hear that news and hear we are going out their agin i started to cry he is doing so well and all i want is to give him a chance at a long life and out live the life span for what he has as on a nother note we got his dog last weekend i got him a akc collie for 50.00 and also got two other dogs for two other childern both labs it is so tear jurking to see him light up and start making all kinds of noise when he sees the dogs and they lick his hands.

TrainClown

Apr 17, 2003
Saskatchewan, Canada
Visit site
May the light shine on you

My heart goes out to you and your family. I have never heard of your son's problem before I read your post, so you are helping spread the word about this awful disease. I think the more people hear about things like that, the more people will help. I will pray for you and your son and all who love him so much.

May God bless you all.

TrainClown

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
So glad to hear things have taken a turn for the better, scooby!
You & your family remain in our thoughts & prayers.

scoobyloven

Jan 13, 2002
zeeland michigan
Visit site
well guys we got the date for the testing we have to be out their on the 15th of sept and i am planning on a foundraiser for the middle of augst it would be a golf thing we are going to call it (golf for a cure "the fight against canavan's" ) it will be held here in west michigan. for the one of you who live in the illinois area their is a foundraiser on oct 25th in palatine,illinois it is the 5th annual canavan charity ball all founding raised at both of these foundraisers will go to research and cure for not only Canavan's but many others like Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, M.S, and ALS with the medical breakthroughs against this disease have the potential to benfit millions of pepole suffering from so many debilitating neurologica diseases here is the web site for the foundation it is a 501c3 www.canavanresearch.org]canavan research[/URL]

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Originally posted by scoobyloven
well guys we got the date for the testing we have to be out their on the 15th of sept and i am planning on a foundraiser for the middle of augst it would be a golf thing we are going to call it (golf for a cure "the fight against canavan's" ) it will be held here in west michigan. for the one of you who live in the illinois area their is a foundraiser on oct 25th in palatine,illinois it is the 5th annual canavan charity ball all founding raised at both of these foundraisers will go to research and cure for not only Canavan's but many others like Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, M.S, and ALS with the medical breakthroughs against this disease have the potential to benfit millions of pepole suffering from so many debilitating neurologica diseases here is the web site for the foundation it is a 501c3 www.canavanresearch.org]canavan research[/URL]

That's great scooby!! :) Good luck with the fundraisers!! :)

And if you have the time, let me know & I'll meet you somewhere or have you here to the House. :) Best of luck!!!!!!