Welcome to Tucumcari NM

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
I am very pleased to present my first kitbash/scratchbuilt project, C. Elizabeth Flora Corp. The impetus behind the project was Model Power's Cathy's Flower Shop, which I received as an Xmas gift from my mom, whose name is Cathy. She thought it would be "neat" (my word, not hers) to have something on the layout named after her. Well, I ran it with it, and this is the result (her middle name is Elizabeth so it's still named after her).

The three-storey building is the Model Power building, the only change is the door on the side into the greenhouse, and the two signs - C. Elizabeth Flora Corp. on the one side, and a Chevy Luv billboard on the other.

The greenhouse was made of lucite (and yes, still needs a lot of detailing inside, which I hope to get to soon). The bracing adds a little detail, and is made from styrene strips.

The warehouse is made from leftover pieces of various kits. I still need to make a loading dock in back. The Flora Corp. signs, and the loading dock signs, are "Shrinky Dinks" (see other thread). The Chevy Luv billboard is printed on photo paper from an inkjet printer, and then I used removable spray adhesive to afix it to an additional piece of styrene affixed to the side of the building.

For those interested in operations, CEFC receives bagged fertilizer (XM), peat moss (XM), and pots (XM), and ships fresh flowers (RP) throughout the western and central states.

floraeast.jpg

florawest.jpg

floraback.jpg

P.S. - in case anyone's curious about the hopper, it's a Fourstates Alltank Corp. covered hopper. They're a freelance railcar leasing company on my layout (thus far with two cov. hoppers, one flat car, and two tank cars).

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
Ya, and we'll be watching just what you do plant in there, RI, at least after I finish my doughnuts.
cop.jpg

Looks great, are you going to weather the glass? A lot of the greenhouses around here have foggy sheets of plastic in the windows in the winter.

88's photo...

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Michael,
That's a GREAT little "scratch-bash"!
The greenhouse is a VERY cool idea!
Keep up the great work!
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: