Welcome to Scratchin' & Bashin'

C

Catt

Hi guys,welcome to the Gauge's new scratchbuilding and kitbashing forum.

This is the place to show off those neat scratchbuilt and kitbashed buildings ,and locos, and freight/passenger cars as well as any vehicles you have done.

I think we can make this a popular and busy forum here at Big Blue.

By the way this forum is for ALL scales,and the tin platers if they have something to show.

So c'mon in and lets get started.:D :D

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Catt, this could turn out to be an interesting forum my lad, lets hope that there are plenty of scratch/kitbashers around soon. My latest project is scratchbuilding a climax body to fit onto an MDC shay chassis. Photo's soon.:p

Shamus
http://www.badger-creek.co.uk

farmer ron

Jan 18, 2002
B.C., canada
Visit site
Great idea Catt !!! I enjoy scratchbuilding and doing a little alterations to buildings so will participate as much as I can. Unfottunately do not have a digital camera as yet so photo's may be a while. Just got a scanner and have not had much time to play with it lately, will try son though. Ron.

alkcnw

Apr 10, 2002
camp douglas Wis.
Visit site
Hey Catt, another great forum. Glad to see your in charge. Got a question for ya! If I take regular photographs and scan them can I get them on this forum. Sorry if this is a dumb question but I'm better with models than with computers. Heck I still type with only two fingers and my kids laugh at me!!!!:eek:

C

Catt

Andy I think if you have them scanned into your puter you can attach them to the forum.

Tyson or Charlie can probly set you straight on this better than I can.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
I will start with a question. Why isn't this forum in the Model Railroad area rather than the General?:confused:

My up and coming scatchbuilding project is the Schmidt Sawmill to be located in the Glenholm area of my MAT. It is in N scale and is named after NARA member #4 Brian Schmidt. Pictures to come soon.

I am pleased you are moderating this forum Catt because it wouldn't be here if it wasn't for your initiative.
We can expect to see great things here!!!!:D :D :D

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Looks Like You Picked A Winner Catt!

Hey Catt,
When I signed on, & checked the "new posts", Out of 14 new posts, 6 of them were on this forum! (I guess I just made it 7!)
Looks like your holding down about 50% of the work load around here...(still too early to ask Dave for a raise? :D :D :D )
Andy,
As long as your files are in jpg, gif, or png format, & are under about 100k bytes in size, you can attach them to your posts, just like you would e-mail.
If they're being scanned, masure you're saving them as one of those file types, either in your hard drive, or on a floppy, then before you submit your post, click the "browse" tab, & then go to where you have the file stored, & click "open", then submit your post.

C

Catt

It's custom built by someone else?

Did you design it?

Are you paying for it?

Is it kitbashed or scratchbuilt?

Ya gonna take good pictures of it?

Is it a model?

Is it railroady?

Can you answer yes to at least one of these silly questions?

We'll be looking forward to seeing the pics.:D :D :D

Dave Flinn

Dec 26, 2000
Lansing, NY USA
www.lehighvalleyrr.com
It's being custom built by my local hobby shop (who does great custom painting).

The New Haven Railroad designed it.

I am paying for it.

It will be scratchbuilt, but sitting on an underframe from an old kit caboose.

I'll TRY to take good pictures of it.

It is a model.

It is railroady.

What is it? Aha! I ain't gonna tell you yet!

Congradualtions

:) Catt, Congrads, on the new forum, I'm sure I'll be using it a lot as I'm just about to start laying track, and have no buildings or scenery yet so you'll be hearing from me a much over the next few years Good Lord Wiling, It's great idea for newbies and seniors as well, in fact if I'd noticed it was there, I'd of posted my question on Walthers kits here. Thanx again planeshavings

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
This is great! This is definitely going to be one of my favorite forums. There is so much talent here to draw from. OK, guys, get ready for me in the next couple of weeks 'cause I'm gonna start building that mine!

One thing I'd like to add on posting pics (if you don't mind Charlie, but even if you did it wouldn't matter that I asked because in order for you to read this message I'd have to post it...:)) ANYWAY... If you are scanning photographs, don't bother scanning them at higher than 96 dots-per-inch (dpi) resolution if you only intend to post them. Any higher wouldn't improve how they appear on the screen (except to make them bigger). The lower the dpi the less memory the picture will require. Sometimes I find that I have to crop and/or shrink images, too, in order for them to fit within the 100K limit.

Drew1125

Jan 28, 2001
Hi Rory!
Hey, I'm all too happy for someone else to explain this computer stuff...I definitely fall into the functionally illiterate catagory there...Catt kinda gave me & Tyson the nod to explain it, & I think Tyson was busy putting his trailer up on blocks :D :D :D, so it fell to me.
But knowing your prowess with this infernal machine, I would strongly advise anyone to take your advice over mine!
When it comes to me, & computer skills...
Well, I think one of my great heroes, Foghorn Leghorn put it best..."That boy...I say that boy is about as sharp as a sack o' wet mice!" :D :D :D

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
I'm sure that all of the great philosphers were considered "loudmouth roosters" by those who were unable to comprehend the intricacies of their arguments. Mr. Leghorn was a teacher of Virtues. Here are a few quotes from Mr. Leghorn, with translations:

"I've been a good sport about this up till now, but that boy's forcing me to use stronger measures." -- A statement on the virtue of patience.

"That dog's as subtle as a hand grenade in a barrel of oatmeal." -- Mr. Leghorn is here eschewing the virtues of subtlety, as opposed to the crudeness of putting hand grenades into barrels of oatmeal.

"Pay attention, son, this is for your own good." -- Concern for the welfare of others was considered by Mr. Leghorn to be one of the most important virtues.

"That boy's as strong as an ox, and just about as smart." -- A statement on the virture of using one's brain instead of one's brawn.

"Any of this gettin' through to you, son?" and "Any of this gettin' through that little ol' blue bonnet of yours?" -- Mr. Leghorn considered patience in teaching a particularly important virtue.

"Pay attention to me, boy! I'm not just talking to hear my head roar!" -- Shut up and listen so you can be virtued.

"Go away boy, ya bother me." -- You're bugging the Master. It is therefore virtuous for you to go away.

So you can see that Mr. Leghorn wasn't just a common "loudmouth rooster." He was in fact, a loudmouth rooster who was really annoying. He didn't even taste all that great when we fried him up. Kinda tough and gamey.