Welcome To Our Newest Moderator!

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Amazyah, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Howdy everyone!
    I would like to take a minute out, to introduce our newest moderator to everyone.
    Cardmodels member, jaffro, has agreed to come on board to help out the community.
    Please, extend to jaffro, your best wishes and warmest welcomes, as this guy is taking on a formidable task for all of us.
    Jaffro brings with him a wealth of experience in forum structure and his main objective will be the reorganization of our forum,
    thus making it easier to navigate for everyone.

This is a very daunting task and requires a lot of foresight and planning, to give what we presently have, a logical layout and to do it while the boards are in use.
    Even if little or no progress seems visibly evident, there is an awful lot of work and planning going on in the background, out of the normal members view.
    Please keep this in mind as we work toward many coming improvements for this great community.

Welcome to the family, jaffro and thank you!!! :cool:
    You have my undying gratitude for your dedication to this community and if you need anything at all, don't hesitate to ask.:thumb:

2. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Thanks for the welcome, and the opportunity to give something back to this great place. I spend more time reading the forums that building my models sometimes, and that's only going to get worse, but it's a pleasure to be here. :D

As for the forums redesign, I'll be posting a new thread in the next day or two in order to get some feedback from you, our members, to give us some ideas on exactly where to go with the planning stages of the restructure.

Please feel free to voice any concerns you may have, requests, ideas, etcetera. This forum redesign is for the benefit of all our members, without you this place would be nothing, so don't be afraid to speak up.

That's all for now... I'll be hiding in the background somewhere, reading build threads while I'm sposed to be doing other stuff :D
  3. Cláudio Dias

Cláudio Dias Member

Congratulation and GOOD LUCK, you'll sure need it!

And remember, don't give up the Interceptor and the Tumbler.announce1
  4. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Congrats Jaffro - sounds like a lot of work, good luck with it ;)
  5. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Here here! Many warm congrats buddy. I know this must be a massive undertaking, but don't forget to take a moment to enjoy the models eh? LOL

As for suggestions for the new restructure, I wish you well. Knowing nothing about that sort of thing, I'll just wish you good luck. :)
  6. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Congrats Jaffro. :p
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Jaffro has been keeping us well updated on his ideas, I like almost everyone of them straight off. Very nice work so far!
  8. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Howdy Y'all!
    I've been away for a few days on vacation but I'm back in town now and I just wanted to stop in and catch up with this thread first.

jaffro, I just want to remind you to take time for yourself.
    I'm guilty of not doing it and I really don't want to see it happen to others.:oops:

Take your time with the forum work and always take time for yourself and your hobbies. It is the quality of the work that is most important, not quantity.
    So don't rush it and don't forget yourself.
    When you do make a little progress on the forums, it will be progress in the right direction.:thumb:

9. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

Well, seeing as I have neglected the Interceptor for way too long (not just due to too much time spent drooling over build threads :p) I intend to try and finish it this weekend, which will give the other moderators and admins some time to make sense of the 400,000 word essays I've posted in the moderator forum in relation to the forum restructure. :D

Don't worry about me spending too much time on boring stuff though, I knew full well what I was getting myself into when i took this task on, and if we come out of it with the board being a better place for all who enjoy it then it will all have been more than worthwhile.

Thanks for the support everyone, I'm just glad to be giving something back.