Welcome to 4K Shamus!

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by jon-monon, May 20, 2004.

1. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

:wave: :wave: :wave: To the 4,000 club!!! :wave: :wave: :wave:

I see you have been there for a while. I was watching it, but with all the commotion of recent weeks I lost track. So I welcome you now! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Also welcome to 3000 club Robin! :wave: :wave: :wave:

Also congrats to the many who recently went over 1000 :wave: :wave: :wave:

Jon lights off a big roll of firecrackers to commemorate the occasion
  2. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Thanks Jon, :wave:
    Although I never bother about post counts, I seem to remember that I reached over 4000 before the gauge went down. :D Anyway, here's to the next 4000. :thumb:
  3. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Darn... I am at 904... (wow - how did that happen?) Save some cake for me...! ;)

4. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Amen! Keep those fingers ticklinghte keyboard! :D :D :D

I saw that. We'll just have to get a new cake for you ;)

I didn't watch them myself for about 6 months, then someone told me I was about to go over 4K, and I looked and was sprized to see I was leading. Of course, if we had some way to measure usefull content, it would knock me back to 500 :D :D :D

As a group, which is what really counts, we have almost 100K posts on the-gauge!!!
  5. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

Want numbers? Go play Mikey's Brain Teaser / Diversion for a while. :D FRED
  6. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Ooh....now that's very clever!!!

:D Val
  7. rcwatkins

rcwatkins Member

I was once in another forum where there was this one thread (How Many Replies Can We Get?) that had around 100K posts, and that was back in late 2002! :eek:
  8. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Congratulations? Or...step away from the keyboard and get back to working on yer railroad! :D :D :D

I WAS on my way to my first 1000 when someone crashed the page, I dunno who... :rolleyes: :p
  9. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

Is it that Jon and Shamus have a lot to say, or that they say alot?

Anyway, nice to see you supporting The Gauge :)

I don't even know where I am, maybe 100 or so.
  10. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Will, you have 333, its under your avatar.
    Considering I have been here over 3 years, my posts don’t do me justice in comparison to others.

I know on other forums they make a big thing out of how many posts you have done. Which makes some people try and get as many posts as possible just to beat a certain member. To do this they quickly go around the board with just either a “Great Work” or something else, and I doubt that they even took the time to look at the original post before moving onto the next.

Okay, I’ll get off my soapbox now and just say, I would hate to see this happen in the gauge.

11. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Yeah, Shamus, I agree - most of my posts are from the "Brain Teaser" thread - just One word Replies" :( but it's still fun. :) :) :)
  12. Fred_M

Fred_M Guest

:thumb: I love it. :thumb: FRED