Weiry & Sons

Things are kind of slow right now at Weiry & Sons Well Drilling. But it's still early in the day...

Attachments

• weirysons19w.jpg
    weirysons19w.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 309

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Fantastic! The curved facade on the left entrance is a nice touch. I'm really feeling the era in this pic!
Ralph

Lighthorseman

Wow!

Beautiful scene, Casey! I'll know I'm GOOD when I can get a result like this. Here's hoping. (Thumbs, toes and fingers crossed :D )

Thanks, guys.

Shamus, I wish I could claim it's scratchbuilt. Actually, it's a Builders in Scale kit. I built it in 1983. It's still one of my favorite structures.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
But Casey, where are the icicles?, everyone knows that the standard for cold is a well digger's --- ! :D

That's really a neat structure, nicely done!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
Pete

ezdays

Out AZ way
Hey, 20 years of weathering and you didn't have to do anything.;)

Nice job on a unique structure.

Thanks for the very generous compliments, everyone.

Val, because of where the model is placed on my layout, this is as close as I can get for photos. I do have a closeup of Weiry's freight storage shed I can post, but it's on my other computer at home. I also have a photo of the model (on an earlier layout) that I can scan and post when I get a chance. (It - the photo - won 2nd place at an NMRA National Convention many years ago.)

Drew1125

Another fabulousbit of modeling my friend, as usual!
:cool: :thumb: :thumb: :cool:
Val,
The amazing thing about Casey's models is that no matter how close you get, the realism never falls apart...there is detail packed into every pixel of his photos! :cool:

Fabulous model placed in a fabulous and believable scene. Great work, Mike. I especially like the weathering and how all is blended together, rather than just "plopped" onto the layout. It looks like it belongs in a small Ozarks town.

As for kit vs. scratch, today's craftsman kits use all the same elements as good scratchbuilding. The modeler does get the advantages of the designer's plans which helps avoid a "sameness" in our structures and of not having to make one's own windows. And I do not know too many "scratchbuilders" today who manufacture ALL of their own windows and detail parts.
--Stu--

Thanks, Charlie and Stu. I sincerely appreciate the compliments and comments.

Stu, on a structure I recently scratchbuilt I also scratchbuilt one set of windows. I started to wonder half way into it if I needed to have my head examined. They came out "ok," but it's not something I'll do again very soon. Those Grandt and Sierra West windows started to look better with every passing minute. ;) :thumb:

Originally posted by spitfire
Fabulous Casey!!!!! How about some close-ups! I'd love to see more of this structure.

Val

Val, this is a scan of the only other photo I have of the model. I took it 20 years ago, and the model was on a completely different layout than what I have now.

Attachments

• weirysonsold.jpg
    weirysonsold.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 101