weird piston movement, ne one know whats up?

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by rc10gt3jimbo, Dec 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rc10gt3jimbo

rc10gt3jimbo Member

ok i have an xtm 18 pull start, i had it running , a friend who i thought knew more then me tried to tune it and now,, when u pull the pull start 4 inch repeated fast pull, itr slips sometimes, and doesnt move the piston , and some times ( every third pull ) the piston goes up down stuters doesnt go up skips a beat goes up, im perplexed, i checked the connecting rod for straight ness, at the bottom end, seems ok, i cant get it to run ne more for more then like 1 to 2 seconds can ne one help, i can video tape what its doing if necesary
  2. Steve M

Steve M Member

Sounds like a problem with the pull start and not the engine. The pull start uses a one way bearing that may be the problem.
  3. rc10gt3jimbo

rc10gt3jimbo Member

ok i figured it out i put the wrong collet on zand though the clutch bell nut was tight it wasnt holding the flywheel, there for not spining and the piston was reversing now it runs but when i try to rev it it bogs down n dies if i go real sdlow it seems to help ne ideas?
  4. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

sounds like you need to tune your needle settings... to rich soundslike to me...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.