Weekly Photo Phun Week of Nov. 9

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Sep 15, 2004
AZ
TrainNut - Wow!!!! Where did you find so many good looking cars in N scale?! Great Scene! The passenger car is a great touch! I love the lawn chairs and the guy resting. Hard to believe that scene is in N scale.
Trainnut - I see a lot of work on that engine in their future!
I wandered into the LHS one day and they had all these little boxes of Japanese cars (4 cars for $5.) I snapped up 4 boxes. Surprisingly, they are pretty good quality and have decent detail. I need a better camera as there is so much more going on in that scene that you just can't make out. One detail for instance... did you notice the traffic cone? That was an experiment. I made it from the tip of a toothpick and a little tiny washer glued on to the bottom and then painted the whole thing orange. It's a little large but what the hey. I set that scene up specifically for this weeks pic's. Very soon it'll be back to a regular 'ol parking lot as concentrating all of those cars in that one area kind of depleted the rest of the layout.

Ol' number 488 has since been restored/rebuilt and is again in active duty between Chama, NM and Antonito, CO.

Thanks for the comments.

Nazgul

Jan 22, 2006
Ohio
photos293.jpg

nw-fan

Nov 13, 2007
classMminerun.jpg

classMshifting.jpg

Even though the focus was bad, I still like this picture. Some time I will photoshop a better sign into the picture.
ClassM.jpg

jesso

Jul 21, 2006
Washington, Utah
www.thetechfamily.com
TrainNut, the traffic cone turned out great. It is about the right size for the ones the school's here put out at the school crossings, so they are perfect.

Nazgul-the picture looks great, I'm sure your new layout will be great!:thumb:

nw-fan - Welcome! Very nice engine:thumb: Is that your layout? Great pictures, hope you share more!

nw-fan

Nov 13, 2007
nw-fan - Welcome! Very nice engine:thumb: Is that your layout? Great pictures, hope you share more!

Thanks. It was my layout until I moved due to work a while back (transfer). I am working on a 12 x 2 ft switching layout to keep me from going stir crazy now since I have hardly any extra room (no basement!). It was a 20 x 40 foot double deck layout with a helix. I miss it. :sad:

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Wow! Great photos everyone.:thumb:
N&W fan..I love those 4-8-0s..I was in the cab of #444 in Columbus,Oh when I was a kid..:thumb:

Well why not a oldie?

A C&O RS1 eases up the Water Street Industrial with a cut of 60 foot auto part cars for the GM truck plant.

100_1232.jpg

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
HEY FOLKS, just a reminder, this thread IS CLOSED to pictures...but COMMENTS are still WELCOME.

PLEASE post NEW PICTURES to THE MOST CURRENT "WEEKLY PHOTO FUN" thread. THANK YOU!

Wayne