Weekly Photo Phun Week of Nov. 9

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by DeckRoid, Nov 9, 2007.

1. green_elite_cab

green_elite_cab Keep It Moving!

Oh wow, look at that thing! That might make an interesting modeling project. I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess it was a former Reading Lines GP38. I was under the impression that most initial GP38s were either Lehigh Valley or Penn Central units, which as far as i could tell, had Dynamic Breaks.

How do you make the bumped out cab. In fact, why did they do this? i know they've done it on several Alcos as well, and i'm not sure why.
  2. Kevinkrey

Kevinkrey Member

Doesnt that technically make me correct?:confused::mrgreen::thumb:
  3. chessie4155

chessie4155 Active Member

4. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

One for Sarge:winki: ....
    Sarge, hey, I'm NOT trying to rub the patch in your face:cry: , (you mentioned you would never patch your Rio Grande's)but i know your a Rio Grande fan:thumb: , so here's the other Rio Grande i have, its an SD50:mrgreen: . (i only have two:oops: )
    :deano: -Deano
  5. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

Or the Penn Central hasn't gotten around to re-painting it yet:rolleyes::mrgreen:
  6. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

At least I brought a little life to the party. I've also got an odd-ball SD40-2 I'm working on. I don't think you've seen anything like it. It's still pretty rough. You can see it in the 'Come back to the caboose' thread.
  7. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

Absolutely! You asked one little simple question and got all kinds of responses. I should have done that with mine as it didn't generate ZIP for comments (as well as quite a few others)... something like... how many period inconsistencies can you find at the car show?
    I'll have to keep that in mind for any future pics.
  8. chessie4155

All righty , SD50s!
  9. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

I think it is a combination of the paint job as well as an optical illusion involving the railing towards the back of that second locomotive... the sides look all warped and wobbly! When I really stare at it, it looks normal. Optical illusions are funny things. Nice shot. I need to find some rail fans in N scale!
  10. CNWman

CNWman CNW Fan

At least you didn't wait a few months to put the decals on, unlike me and my Hustler after it recieved the gray paint:rolleyes:
  11. chessie4155

Westbounds waiting to depart at PT Jct.
  12. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

That's great! Ralph will be so pleased to see that Penn Central is coming back, and that they're bringing SD-45s, too!!. :p;):-D:-D:-D

13. chessie4155

They say what goes around comes around..sign1
    Winter and Penn Central...Yeah!:thumb:
    Nice Pic Charlie
  14. Sarge_7

Sarge_7 Member

awesome pics ya'll, and ofcourse, Deano I love the SD-50:mrgreen:
  15. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

Bad news? Depends on how you look at it I guess. I love the snow and look forward to any chance of it. Here in the southwest, we are in an extended drought. It would be such a relief to get as much of that bad news as possible this winter in the hopes of replenishing some of our lakes and reservoirs. Otherwise, I fear water rations are just around the corner.
  16. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

Machine shop - Chama NM, July of 2004

17. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

I'll second that Mark:winki: .
    :deano: -Deano
  18. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

:thumb: I could handle winter a little better if I were able to see sights like that nowadays Charlie! Thanks!
  19. jesso

jesso Member

Ralph - Great Scene! I love your Steel Mill!
    Wayne - Nice engine!I love all the little touches that you add to make your railroad so realistic!
    chessie4155 - Nice cow and calf! Nice touch having the yardmaster looking out the window!
    Val - Nice Scenes!!! Your town looks great!
    Deano - Love your layout! Your road crossings are spectacular! Looks like your F unit is preparing for snow!
    Tom(spankybird) - That refinery is awesome! I love all the lighting! It looks great!
    John - Nice Diner! Great cars! I love that scene!
    Herc Driver - As always, I love your layout! Those Southern F units looks great! Is that Union Pacific 8242 a Kato engine?
    Glen Haasdyk - Nice engine! I like your scene!
    Sarge 7 - Nice short train!
    Kurt - As always, a perfect job of shrinking reality!!!
    Chessie4155 - I love that railfanning scene!
    KevinKrey - I love that train. Can't wait to see it running!
    Josh - Those automax's look huge! I have 4 in N scale, I can't imagine how big 12 are in HO scale!
    Chessie4155 - Nice caboose!
    Tom (TomPM) - Really nice train and I love that location on your layout!
    Jeffrey Wimberly - Those are some bright lights!
    Deano - I like you dad's F7. That is a great scene to take pictures on!
    green_elite_cab - Nice engine. Gotta keep the vandals outta your yard!
    Deano - Nice engine (834)! Is that a GP30?
    Chessie4155 - Love the bridge!
    Herc Driver - Love the KCS engine, you did a good job on it.
    b28_82 - Wow! That looks like fun!
    TrainNut - Wow!!!! Where did you find so many good looking cars in N scale?! Great Scene! The passenger car is a great touch! I love the lawn chairs and the guy resting. Hard to believe that scene is in N scale.
    Deano - Nice patch jobs! If I can't find a nice Kato UP engine to team up with my 4841 I may get a Southern Pacific and patch it for a partner.
    chessie4155 - Nice weathering job on that L&N
    green_elite_cab - Nice engine! Scary spider attack. I hate it when giant aliens invade!
    tomkat13 - Wow! Nice scenes! You are great at photography. I wish my pictures where that sharp!
    Ralph - Great job on that engine!
    chessie4155 - Is that a new engine (3845)? I looks fairly modern.
    Deano - Love that patched Rio Grande. Just don't ever patch 5371.
    chessie4155 - I really like your SD50. Is that the newest engine that was painted in Chessie System colors?
    slekjr - Snow!? Those are the scene's that help me remember why we move to St. George 14 years ago!
    Trainnut - I see a lot of work on that engine in their future!
    Deano - I like that SD50. I wish someone made the SD50s's that Utah Railway has. Anyone know if they make them in N scale down in Australia (that's where Utah's are from)
  20. chessie4155

Scott: Thanks:wave:. 3845 is a GP38 and the SD50s were the last units bought with Chessie paint:curse:, but were numbered in sequence with the SBD Sys SD50 for the future merger into CSX..wall1

CR cabin car at PT Jct.