www.geocities.com
Flashback : Summer of 69 .. Mornin commuter:
HPIM3465.jpg

PWRR-2207

Rogue Islander
Oct 3, 2007
Rhode Island, USA
Hi-Beams

Time to throw a little light on the subject. This is what the headlights of my GP50 look like from over seven feet away. I just got them wired yesterday.

:eek: I did not know they made halogen lights for models... Seen any of those new fangled blue head lights like you see on luxury cars being sold for HO engines? :wink:

jbaakko

Jun 25, 2006
San Diego, CA
rr.blockchoice.com
My last modeling job was help for a friend.
I know that you can make small turnbuckles. I own a flat car and a load that must be fastened on it. Can you help me, please?

Trussrods_26k.JPG

This is the result, small turnbuckles, shakles and short pieces of chain.
A description "Making turnbuckles ..." will follow.

Bernhard
Now THIS I want to see. If I do not post a reply, please PM me with a link to it, if you can!

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
Hey guys!:thumb:

Paid a visit to the 40th annual Model Train show at Lakota West High School yesterday. Man, there were some exclent layouts!:thumb: I got a few cheapo items for practice weathering, although the cheapest came with an unwelcome surprise of which I learned AFTER I brought it home:eek:
Picture_0198.JPG

Price: $3. I'd say this is the best toy class car I've seen yet, and in a livery I've wanted for a time, too!
Picture_0199.JPG

Price: $3 Do I really need to explain this one? Athearn Blue Box kit:rolleyes::mrgreen:
Picture_0200.JPG

Price: $1.50 I think the guy I bought this from custom-painted this. Athearn Blue Box Kit. Remember what I said about the cheapest car having an unwelcome surprise?
Picture_0201.JPG

Top right end of car body, you get the idea. I've glued it back together, although it still looks like :curse:. The State of Maine car looks alot better now, but I can't take pics now.

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
Arriving north track traffic

Amtrak's Acela arriving on time (for a change) to the Ballantyne Station. Should be in the station for no more than 30 minutes as the Carolinian loads on the south track. Normally, Amtrak officials try to limit the number of times both trains are in the station at the same time to minimize people boarding the wrong train. Today's passenger traffic is light, so everyone should find their correct train. The HHP-8 is a newcomer to these tracks - the catenary system is practically brand new.

Attachments

• Copy of PA300597.JPG
    Copy of PA300597.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Copy of PA300595.JPG
    Copy of PA300595.JPG
    163 KB · Views: 7
  • Copy of PA300594.JPG
    Copy of PA300594.JPG
    180.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Copy of PA300593.JPG
    Copy of PA300593.JPG
    153.3 KB · Views: 7

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
Great shots everyone!:thumb:
Picture_0228.JPG

Rusty's old Chevy sits at Kay's while #1845 passes by. The car is Woodland Senics' "Rusty's Regret", one of the Auto Scenes line. My dad didn't want to buy it (said we'd already had enough stuff), but I slipped it in when he wasn't looking, and so now it sits, waiting for the dingy spot I'll put it in:p

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
A Chevy? Looks more like a '57 Plymouth Plaza to me. It has the same lines as a '57 Plymouth Fury I used to have. The Plaza was the stripped down version of the Fury.
I couldn't remember what kind of car it was, so I called it a Chevy. It's aparently a 50's two-door hardtop in almost junk condition. This site explains all of the Auto Scenes: Woodland Scenics Vehicles Auto Scenes
I want 'Spoonin 'n Croonin':mrgreen: Would go great with my Kay's Ice Cream stall.

CRed

Dec 10, 2006
Duluth,MN
Wow that is some BEAUTIFUL paint, on a SWEET engine. I wish I could have seen it!

Most definitely a beautiful engine and paint job,they did a great job on it.It's one of several that they use for excursions,they have a DM&IR SD18,Soo FP-7,GN NW-5 and now a Soo 4-6-2 Pacific along with the Soo GP30 to choose from.

I can't wait for the "Polar Express" excursion so I can get some pictures of the Soo 4-6-2.It's nice that it's back home,it pulled the "Laker" from Duluth to Chicago in it's heyday and is the last remaining steam engine in working order from the Soo.

Chris

Uintah Dave

Jan 16, 2007
Winnemucca, NV
I finally read the thread on how to post pics. Here are a couple of my in progress layout and my newest addition an Atlas Alco S4 (WP 563).

Attachments

• Picture 013.jpg
    Picture 013.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 8
  • Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 10