Weekly Photo Fun week of Feb. 29

... all I can say is "Whew, that's alotta grabs!"

cbqs2.jpg

Yes a very good model. However count here in picture the posts of this barrier.

SvenJaco_0472mk.jpg

I think that you can not count them. I turned 140 posts and we used 120 of them for this light barrier of the railroad museum that I built together with a friend.

Look also for my museum thread with many more pictures.

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Promising picture.
After being in storage for almost a year, and fan's of Ol' Blue wondering whats going on.....CNE GP35 #77, pushes Ol' Blue into the New England Railcar shops to be repaired.
Watch in a couple of months, as Ol' Blue returns...As good as or better, than before.

Attachments

• promising.jpg
    promising.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 14

Pitchwife

Dreamer
Tried that and failed. The room lights are fluorescent and don't do well (an understatement) with dimmers.
Yeah, those darn florescent lights are like that. :curse:

I am planning something very similar to what you have. What I want to do is to have a valence over the layout with both daylight florescent and incandescent lights. The fluorescents for just running trains with less heat generated, and the incandescents for lighting effect. The incandescents will consist of two strings, one grow light type bulbs for daylight and one blue, which I hope will appear to be moonlight, with a cross dimmer between them so that as it gets darker the moon will come out (maybe even hook it to a fast clock). Each building, set of street lights and so forth will have their own individually controlled light sensor control, made from inexpensive light sensing diodes or photoresistors; and each with a different setting, so that the whole layout doesn't light up all at once.

Now if I can only figure out where to put all the junk that is in the room where I want to build the layout. :curse: :cry: :( :v8:

N

nachoman

I visited my brother this weekend in Williams, Arizona, and I snapped these pictures. First is Grand Canyon railway's new 2-8-2, ex Spokane, Portalnd and Seattle #539. Next is a picture from inside the GCR shops, showing an ex-Amtrak F40 being rebuilt. Behind the F-40 is 2-8-0 #29, currently getting a new feedwater heater, and 2-8-2 # 4960. Their tenders are outside the shop.

Kevin

Attachments

• sp&s.jpg
    sp&s.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 9
  • GCRshops.jpg
    GCRshops.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 15

jbaakko

Promising picture.
After being in storage for almost a year, and fan's of Ol' Blue wondering whats going on.....CNE GP35 #77, pushes Ol' Blue into the New England Railcar shops to be repaired.
Watch in a couple of months, as Ol' Blue returns...As good as or better, than before.
Awesome, can't wait to see this one!

I visited my brother this weekend in Williams, Arizona, and I snapped these pictures. First is Grand Canyon railway's new 2-8-2, ex Spokane, Portalnd and Seattle #539. Next is a picture from inside the GCR shops, showing an ex-Amtrak F40 being rebuilt. Behind the F-40 is 2-8-0 #29, currently getting a new feedwater heater, and 2-8-2 # 4960. Their tenders are outside the shop.

Kevin
Whats the story with the F40PH, is GCR going to use int in trains?

Yes a very good model. However count here in picture the posts of this barrier.

That's nice, and so evenly spaced. I'll have to click on your link tomorrow as it is late here.

Is the museum in Dresden, and do you, your family, or any of your contacts there recall (or were affected) by the terrible Allied fire-bombing?

N

nachoman

Whats the story with the F40PH, is GCR going to use int in trains?

Yes. They bought 3 F-40s a few years back. The first one is already in service, and this is the second one undergoing a *complete* overhaul. My brother has pictures of when they lifted the rebuilt engine in through the roof.

Here is the 3rd f-40, looking a little worse for wear outside the loco shop. It may eventually be rebuilt and returned to service, but it isn't in the budget right now.

Right now, GCR has 3 ALCo FPA-4 and 2 FPB-4 units in service, the two steamers 29 and 4960, the 1 F-40, and two GP7s used mostly for work train service.. They run 2 trains a day to the Grand Canyon, plus special event trains from nov-jan for the polar express. I think they have 13 ex-Southern Pacific harriman coaches, and a sizeable fleet of stainless streamlined cars.

Kevin

Attachments

• amtrak.jpg
    amtrak.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 16
That's nice, and so evenly spaced. I'll have to click on your link tomorrow as it is late here.

Is the museum in Dresden, and do you, your family, or any of your contacts there recall (or were affected) by the terrible Allied fire-bombing?

Kyle,

I do not hope that I have written missunderstanding terms. The railroad museum is a model railroad museum and it is built on a modular layout by a friend with a view assistance of mine. But my friend and I we are living here in Dresden and I think we will show the layout with all the our US.modeler friends of Dresden area in next year again while next exhibition. Plans for development and enlarging our moduls exist and first steps are done already.

I was in February 1945 in age of 1 1/2 years and so know a few of the Allied fire-bombing only by speaching. I have had a very big luck, my parents, my brother and all my kinsmen survived in February 13th in 1945. But we were without a home which was destroyed and burnt out. And I think each of older Dresden inhabitants have a few memories of that time, most of us in pictures now after times changed to a better way.
Last what I have experienced was the reopening of the rebuilt world known Women's Church in 2006 - a really touching event. I have a few pictures if you are intersted.

Bernhard

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Slekjr
Neat snow shot!

Kyle
Great looking stock car!

TrainsWinnipeg
Cool Shot!

Jeffery
Nice shot of the ALCO!

Ralph
Nice looking shop!

Chessie4155
Nice tail end shot!

Deano
Cool looking loco!

Shaun
Neat shot with the old and the new!

FreemoTim
Neat down the tracks shots!

Biased Turkey
Nice job on the PacMan Boxcar!

Josh
Nice looking old car and loco!

Jeffery
Nice looking B-unit!

Gary
Great shot! That is a loco I have not seen too many models of!

Tom
Nice local shot!

Modelsof1900
Nice steam train!

Cedarcreekrr
Cool old photo!

Ed
Cool shot! I can’t wait to see the repairs!

Nachoman
Nice proto shots!

Jeffery
Cool shot of the old loco!

Kent
Interesting event!