Weekly Photo Fun Nov. 14-21

chessie4155

Mar 17, 2006
Vincennes, Ind.
www.geocities.com
Business has been so good at Sullivan Wood Products that they have purchased a slightly used SD24 #427 from the defunct Aardvark Central Railroad. SWP will reletter the unit but the paint and number will stay the same. The SD24 is a bit of overkill for a switcher but the president of SWP is a clever fella and got it for a song.

Yeeeesssss! Bidness is Gooood! I'm not sure about the clever part!:eek::p

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
P1010342.jpg

jeffrey-wimberl

Oct 25, 2006
Sundown, Louisiana, USA
I've been planting some new trees as well. Pictured here are a spruce and a conifer. I got 6 of each. They're from Bachmann's Scene Scape series. I'll be getting more the next time I go to Hobby Lobby again.

P1010348.jpg

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
eightyeight, lookin' great. :thumb::thumb:That makes a terrific unit. I was toying with the idea of a freelance road to add a dimension to my layout and that just puts the icing on the cake. I have several locomotives from the right time period, but not typical of the road I model, not that I'm fussy, but I'm running out of excuses as to why they are on the line.:mrgreen:
Charlie

Thanks Charlie.
My Southwick & Winsted interchanges with my "What if?" Central New England.
I'm using secgen locos, as if the S&W bought them used. Fixed and painted them(my story is they were rebuilt at Paducha[sp?]).

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Ralph, Ulster Ave crossing is in serious need of repairs. That scene is so close to some of the older areas in Youngstown, Ohio. If it wasn't for the Northern tools building I'd really have to look close. Great details in that picture.
Charlie

Thanks Charlie! I like the way this part of my layout is shaping up.
Ralph

Triplex

Aug 24, 2005
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I am trying to model PRR in the late 40's until 1953. I'm trying to be a little flexible where the steam is concerned, but I like the first generation diesels. I have some units I want to keep, just didn't have a reason for having them
Makes me wonder what those are, since the PRR seemed to have almost everything from every builder.