Weekly photo fun 9-17-07

brakie

Great photos everybody!
Since I haven't took any pictures of late heres another oldie but,goodie.
Enjoy!

Looking into the engine terminal area at the Bucyrus club.
100_1215.jpg

100_1192.jpg

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
More and more great contributions! Brakie, I do like photos of locomotive facilities!

9-4-2007-17.jpg

Dang! Why didn't I notice that sand tower on the right was leaning a bit?! Hmmmmm, looks like it would be a good plan to paint the inside of the engine house too. One of the best uses of one's own photos is to motivate improvements! :)
Ralph

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
I really like that Connecticut fastner structure eightyeightfan1. Who makes it , Walthers ? or is it kitbashed ?

Thanks..
Its actually a kitbash taken from DPM. The brown part is part of a DPM kit(Its been so long I forgot which one...I think Goodhall's Mattress Factory) The red part was made using DPM's modular wall system. The dust collector is scratchbuilt. The boxcar is an Athearn Genisis 60' High-Cube kit, with decals made from my computer,using a scan of the original Central New England logo I got from a book.(The real CNE is a fallen flag)
Here's another pic.

Attachments

• ctf.jpg
    ctf.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 12

UP SD40-2

Josh, that CN really looks GREAT!:thumb::thumb: NICE Miller truck too!:mrgreen:

Ed, AWESOME factory!!!:thumb::thumb:

Ralph, NICE LOOKING engine facility!:thumb::mrgreen:

Larry, AWESOME YARD & engine facility:thumb::mrgreen:

Mark, GREAT SHOT of those CN boxcars:thumb::thumb:

Biased turkey, your scenery is really coming along GREAT!:thumb::mrgreen:

Jeffrey, NICE LOOKING KCS!:thumb::thumb:

A shameless plug....:119:
Dad pulled out about just over 3/4 of his Circus train today, and i took "roll-by" shots of it:thumb: . 80% of the cars and wagons were all scratch built by dad back in the early-mid 70's:winki: . i am going to do a thread on it by weekends end and post it HERE in the Photography section of the forum:thumb: . there will be a big story on it, to much for me to post here, and TONS of pics:winki::mrgreen: . i have to crop all the pics, resize them, and upload them(lots of work:winki: ), but if your interested in seeing it, check for the thread "When the Circus Came to Town" in this section of the forum hopefully by tomorrow night:winki: . :deano: -Deano
ct2.jpg

ct1.jpg

Herc Driver

A few pics of SD75i's and an AC4400CW in CN, CP and ON colors.

Attachments

• Copy of P3310271.JPG
    Copy of P3310271.JPG
    170 KB · Views: 8
  • Copy of P9030573.JPG
    Copy of P9030573.JPG
    189.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Copy of P3310277.JPG
    Copy of P3310277.JPG
    173.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Copy of P9010570.JPG
    Copy of P9010570.JPG
    175.7 KB · Views: 9

viperman

Great pics everyone!

Deano, I got to watch that train once, when I was a youngin! My mom woke my sister and I up early, just so she could take us to the train station in Crystal Lake to watch it roll by. Very cool!

CNWman

CNW Fan
Saturday, September 25th, 2007, 6:27: Taken from the Riverside Herald:

Hello folks, in today's news, we have an update on our current story about the unexplained apperance of an ALCo FA2 from Canada in Riverside. The management of the Riverside Railroad (RRR) has given the details about how this FA2 has ended up here exclusivley to the Herald first. According to RRR oficials, CN # 6750 has been bought from the Canadian National Railroad and has been restored to running capacity. The report of this to railfans was enthusiastic, to say the least. Speaking of the railfnans, we at the Herald have been asked by the RRR to tell all railfans reading this paper to STOP SENDING THEM MAIL asking them to get another old engine, because it seems that not one, but TWO engines have been bought for restoration. The RRR has kept tight liped about the seccond engine, currently in their restoration shed under blackened windows, while heavy machine sounds have been heard inside. The RRR will only say this: "We will NOT reveal our new engine yet, you will have to enjoy our new A unit you guys have nearly drowned our offices in from all of your letters asking for it. However, we will say this; EMD fans will rejoyce when we unveil our new engine:twisted:"

000_00013.JPG

The two ALCo's of Riverside doublehead a freight. Hey, come to think of it, my RS-32 has a conection to every loco I have except the Hustler:p

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
great start so far guys :thumb:.this thread looks like it could pul out a win to last weeks thread :mrgreen:.
jbaako-beer and trains,ahhh the perfect mix ;)
deano-i cant wait to see that AMAZING circus train,especially being hand built :eek:.
CNWman-that new engine sounds sweet,cant wait to see'er.and the CN engine has a very beleivable story.

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Cool Pictures guys! i haven't been around in forever, because i've just been blown away with work at school, and Eagle project stuff. I wish I had something to post!

Good work everyone.

spitfire

Great shots everyone!! :thumb:

I don't have anything new to post, so here's an oldie but a goodie: the Businessman's Special pulling into Toronto from Buffalo. A CPR train using a NYC engine from the pool in Buffalo.

NYChudson.jpg

Val

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
The good stuff keeps coming and coming!

Jeffery, would you tell us about your backdrop buidlings? Do you take photos or did you print them off internet images?

Nice loco Val! Although a confirmed diesel lover, I do like a good steamer. My only steam locomotive is this old Tyco that I brought out for modern day service just for fun, and as part of the recent photo contest for unusal or unlikley pics. :)

6-30-2007-01.jpg

Ralph

cn nutbar

hello all---great pictures so far---shortly after grand valley #34 completed her switching chores(see doctor wayne's recent thread), cnr #5303 rolls through dunnville with the daily varnish

5303w126.jpg

CNWman

CNW Fan
Great pics everyone!:thumb:

Today I got my BL2 back, and I got more than I thought! Not only did the owner of DCCTrain repair it, he added the ability to run the loco on DCC as well, and the repair was totaly free!:eek: I have assembled the engine, and aparently the engine was never broken in, 'cause it's making some herky-jerky movements (although my F3 never did any of that, but then again, the F3 isn't even half the age of the BL2). Here's pics of the BL2, the latest aquisition of the Riverside Railroad:
000_00028.JPG

000_00036.JPG

(The front is the coolest part IMO)
000_00044.JPG

Keep the pics commin folks!:mrgreen::thumb:

OOPS! Nearly frogot to add in the newspaper clipping:

Sunday, September 16th, 2007

The seccond new engine to appear on Riverside's rails first shocked not the populace of Riverside or the touring railfans, but the RRR itself! From what we at the Herald have gathered, the BL2's restoration has gone way faster than schedule predicted, leading to the sudden pressing of the engine into service two months early! Needless to say, no one is dissapointed. Although the engine is making unusual sounds, the mechanics say that the engine had to be entirley rebuilt (aparently some raccons had made thir nest in the engine and they, ah, 'relieved' themselvess all over it), with half of the engine needing replacement parts, so the engine is being 're-broken in'. EMD fans are indeed rejoycing, for the BL2 is a cousin of the F3, and these two engines are finaly being rejoined at last. It is unkown now what the heads of the RRR are planing, but many are calling the RRR 'The Restoration Railway' because of their ability to re-instate old engines from the prime time of the American Railroads after WWII.

chessie4155

Fantastic pics everyone....This is goin to be another great week..

L&N Local coming into PT Jct. The local railfans are out today..
HPIM2874.jpg