Weekly Photo Fun 8/03

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
YES, #833 IS an SD38-2:thumb: the front & rear porch is a -2 giveaway:winki: . it looks short?:confused: Hmm, must be an optical illusion, its not short by any means:winki: .

modelsof1900, WOW!!!:eeki: , NICE CAR!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:
:deano: -Deano

HOtrainman

Jan 15, 2007
McKinney, TX
making a bridge.

bridge007.jpg

bridge006.jpg

bridge001.jpg

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
I'm back from a trip to Chicago last weekend.. I see some great shots of the Chicago Metra posted in this thread as well as some of a nice layout in Cincinnati. They inspired me to include these pictures taken at The Chicago Museum of Science and Indutry's terrific model railroad. My cheapie camera couldn't do it justice but here's a few looks at this large fun layout.

It has along mainlines with several trains running. The brochure claims there are 34 which I guess includes some small switchers pushing strings of cars into industries. Here a long train headed by BNSF units rolls by.

8-7-2007-18.jpg

The scenary includes the cities of Chicago and Seattle, the Great Plains, and some tall mountains. This viaduct is at least eight feet off the floor.
8-7-2007-17.jpg

There were some fun interactive scenes like this container ship. Pushing a button allowes visitors to activate a crane that unolads one of the containers.

8-7-2007-16.jpg

The representation of Chicago was remarkable! They did a great job creating easily recognized landmark buildings but also took pains to maodel details like pedestrians on the street and a working EL running between the towers.

8-7-2007-21.jpg

What fun!
Ralph

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
Apr 4, 2005
Hainesport NJ
Well, i've got work done on my E60MA! Now its really starting to capture the look of 610! I just need to waith for the Horns, antennas, headlights, class lights, strobes, and some underbody detail I ordered. I may even some modification to the pilot, as the real thing had a bevelled bottom, it didn't go straight across. my E60MA will look like the real thing soon! I'm certainly proud of it, it looks alot nicer then some of the other E60MA's i've seen out there so far.

thee60maandsomeothers04pk5.jpg

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
HEY FOLKS, just a reminder, this thread IS CLOSED to pictures...but COMMENTS are still WELCOME.

PLEASE post NEW PICTURES to THE MOST CURRENT "WEEKLY PHOTO FUN" thread. THANK YOU!

mysmilie_63.gif
-Deano