Weekly Photo Fun 7/27

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Very nice everyone! As a change of pace here's the RDC that represents most of the passenger service on my layout stopping at the Art Deco styled bridge station near Kingsport Steel. Steel workers park under the bridge.
7-13-2007-02.jpg

Ralph

steamhead

CN...If the prototype is half the engine your model is...It must be awesome..!! :mrgreen:

Ralph...Neat RDC..!! It's something we rarely see modeled. Good job..!! :thumb:

spankybird

OTTS Founder
Hey...!!! Great shots from all of you guys..!!

Deano...How did you get that FM unit to levitate like that...Cool trick..!! :mrgreen:

Spankybird....Where you been keeping yourself..?? Long time no see. Wonderful shots of that monster steamer..!! (Big Boy..Challenger..??).

All those F units are great too - not to mention the Dr's Mogul-headed consist...

Looks like a promising start to this week's fun..!! :thumb:

Summer - Work - Honey do list - you know :twisted:

This is a Western Maryland Challenger by MTH (PS2). Then engine is owned by one of our OTTS members on is running on an other members layout.

doctorwayne

Here's an old photo of a former coal dealer's storage bins which have been converted into an elevator for grain storage. The hoisting mechanism has been moved to the "road" side of the building.
Foe-toes_from_Train_Photos_2007_third_cd_538.jpg

Wayne

slekjr

Here is an old photo of the Schenley Distillery. I would guess taken shortly after the end of prohabition. Our locomotive shed is located just in front and slightly to the south of the grain silos. I think that a model of this complex will be one of my retirement projects. A hi resolution view of Schenley, Pa is on Google Earth. It is quite an interesting area to explorer via satelite.
Charlie

Attachments

• schenley distillery.jpg
    schenley distillery.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 12

slekjr

I think that he was probably in a dormer, but just a guess as that house is gone. The one in the foreground with the flat roof is still here and the brick house behind it is the one we rent to save driving home.
Charlie

jesso

I got some train room related stuff today! I finally got a door for my train room and a fan to try and keep it cool in there. Now I'll definately have to put some weight into my double-stack paper containers! It will also be nice to not have to stare at the car from my train room and also it will be great to not have to worry as much about the dust from the garage.

Attachments

• door.jpg
    door.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 141
  • fan.jpg
    fan.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 140

Nazgul

Great Great shots everybody!!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

I finally got around to finishing this store....It a walther's "gold ribbon" plastic snap together with some "extras"

I hear the owner's a nice guy....:mrgreen::winker:

photos026small.jpg

photos031croppedsmall.jpg

photos024croppedsmall.jpg

MilesWestern

Very Nice work Nazgul!! I second the compliment about Deano!
On another note, please tell me how you made those excellent window shades (and curtains!) :)

steamhead

That Deano dude (whoever he is...:rolleyes:) is gonna make a mint..Imagine, a revenue generating ground floor, and freebie living space on top..!! What a deal..!! :thumb:

UP SD40-2

WHOLLY SMOKES:eeki: ...I hope i don't miss ANYONE...:eek:ops: ...:eek:ops:

Herc, NICE PIC!!:thumb: i like the fact UP is working on your track:winki: (i seen the UP truck:thumb: ).

Larry, that round house is AWESOME!!!:thumb::thumb: your club layout must be a blast to run on:winki::thumb: .

Ed, WOW!!!:eeki: , NICE SHOT!!!:thumb::thumb: your NEW camera is FANTASTIC!!:winki::mrgreen: .

Mark, NICE SHOT!!!:thumb::thumb: i REALLY LIKE that scene:winki::mrgreen:

Ralph, GREAT PICS!!!:thumb::thumb: the parking under the bridge is an AWESOME idea!:thumb::mrgreen:

Tom(spankybird):wav: , SO GLAD to see you back on here!!!:mrgreen: hey, my dad had the old Borax 20 mule team and wagons back in the early 70's:winki: , cripes those are old, THANKS for the memories:thumb::smilie: .

Charlie, GLAD to see some of your layout:thumb: , the proto pics are GREAT TOO!!!:thumb::mrgreen:

Wayne, :worship: :worship: :worship: i REALLY liked your first pic:worship: , and i swear the horses and wagon are going to come to life and take off in the second one:eeki::mrgreen: , TRULY FANTASTIC!!!:worship:

Josh, i hope you enjoy your AC6000 as much as i do mine:thumb: . did you get yours with QSI? i swear the horn in that engine is BAR NONE the best horn sound of my whole fleet!:winki::mrgreen:

jesso, GLAD you got some stuff for your train room!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

nutbar, i NEVER TIRE of seeing #4100:winki: , thats one of my FAVORITE engines you have:thumb: . NICE PIC!!!!:thumb::thumb::thumb:

....AND last, but most certainly NOT least...my BEST FRIEND Steve:mrgreen: , WOW!!!:eeki::eeki::eeki: , not only am i TRULY HONORED that you named the store after me:mrgreen: , but the weathering on it, windows, front walkway, and i cant stop looking at the chimney:thumb: , the WHOLE THING is just SLAP STUPENDOUS!!!:bravo: Sure am GLAD to see your back in the swing of things:winki::mrgreen: .

SHEEW....OK, now its MY turn:119: , well, i wanted to have my UP FM H10-44 finished by this weekend:mrgreen: .....NOT going to happen:cry: . though i have made good progress:mrgreen: , i am so far from being able to finish it this weekend it ain't funny:frowns: . i finished decaling it, and installed the motor and trucks, sound decoder and light:thumb: (that was a HUGE TASK), but i still have to MAKE ALL the railings, add the front & rear step plates, make the extended stacks(UP had extended stacks on most of there FM's, don't know why?:confused: ), add the horn, window glass, couplers, coupler cut bars, antenna, hoses, rear door step, the builder plates, and repaint the gas & fuel tank for a better match:eek:ops: , along with a multitude of other paint work.:cool:

I started this project with JUST the Cary shell, NOTHING ELSE(see first pic:winki: ), and now i am this far(see second pic):mrgreen: . Folks, if it wasn't an FM, i wouldn't have gone through this much trouble to get a shell usable:winki: (FM's RULE!:thumb: ). I seriously doubt i will take on such a big project again:eeki: (...though i am kicking around the idea of making an SD20:119: ).

KEEP 'EM COMING FOLKS!:thumb:
:deano: -Deano
caryshell.jpg

fmprogress.jpg

fmlogo.jpg

slekjr

Hey Steve
terrific Job on the building. looks great just standing alone, post some pictures when you place it please.
Charlie

steamhead

WOW Deano...(Oh...so you're the one in Steve's store..?? :mrgreen:)

You turned that not-too-good-looking shell into THAT...? You deserve the Nobel prize in modeling..!! FANTASTIC..!! :thumb:

tomkat13

RR Men at work!

My complements to everyone for a good start for the week! Sorry no F units but just some RR men at work.

IMG_3275.jpg

IMG_3271.jpg

IMG_3263.jpg

IMG_3255.jpg

IMG_3254.jpg

IMG_3250.jpg

brakie

Deano Great job! I have a Cary FM shell I haven't touched in 12 years..I did put the side rails along the hood on..Who knows I may get around to finishing it some day.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
More and more great pics! Tomkat13, I really like those close up shots of crews at work! That metal electrical shed is wonderfully weathered and I admire the scrap loads in the gon!
Ralph

jesso

After winning two Cups races in a row, Tony takes a well deserved break camping out on my layout.

Attachments

• tony.jpg
    tony.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 35