Weekly Photo Fun 11/23

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
No, that's an Atlas through girder bridge that I cut the floor out of, then used some styrene to make an interior framework. I used Micro Engineering bridge tie strips to finish it off. The bridge is five spans in total .
Here's the same end of the bridge, looking the opposite way as the first photo: from the bank, modified Atlas through girder, Central Valley Pratt truss,
100_58141.JPG

then another modified Atlas girder, followed by a Micro Engineering 50' deck girder,
100_58101.JPG

and ending with a Micro Engineering 30' deck girder, which is barely visible among the bushes. (the loco is on the 50' ME girder shown in the previous picture)
100_58331.JPG

Wayne

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Les, did you make sure that you got the entire IMG line? As you move the cursor to the right, the line of data will scroll to the left: if you miss even one character, the image won't show.

Gv_2070.jpg

EDIT: I just wanted to make sure that the image will show even if you don't enlarge the thumbnail before copying the IMG line. Obviously, it does. :rolleyes::-D

Wayne

L

lester perry

looks like my mess is cleaned up now let me try this again
100_0049-1.jpg

a friend of mine took this pic he isn't very bright standing on the track in from of a train that just happens to be a east bound fast frieght comming out of clifton forge Va. it was runnin 1 1/2 hours behind scheduale due to mechanical problems. approching a 2% grade. he told me the fireman was giving him some kind of hand signals put he didn't know what it was, it must have been a RR signal. he got a little dirty from the dust tht was blowing up as it passed him

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Les,

I took the liberty of fixing your original attempt (above Wayne's advice - post #70). The problem was extra "IMG" and "http://" text at places that made the html code nonsensical, so to speak.

However, I see you have figured it out, so I guess I was kinda redundant... ;) hamr

Oh well... Nice pic though! :thumb:

Andrew

Kanawha

Apr 1, 2007
Glendale, AZ
GN.2-6-8-0 --Awesome pic of that C&O engine on the bridge, but its definitely a Texas type 2-10-4, not a Berkshire. C&O called their 2-8-4s Kanawhas. :mrgreen:
(just an observation)

L

lester perry

Les,

I took the liberty of fixing your original attempt (above Wayne's advice - post #70). The problem was extra "IMG" and "http://" text at places that made the html code nonsensical, so to speak.

However, I see you have figured it out, so I guess I was kinda redundant... ;) hamr

Oh well... Nice pic though! :thumb:

Andrew

Thanks for fixing the problem now I guess I should delete one of them

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
HEY FOLKS, just a reminder, this thread IS CLOSED to pictures...but COMMENTS are still WELCOME.

PLEASE post NEW PICTURES to THE MOST CURRENT "WEEKLY PHOTO FUN" thread. THANK YOU!

Wayne