Weekly Photo Fun 11-21/11-28

IandOFan71

Mar 20, 2007
Groveport, Ohio
I've managed to put down a little scenery and I do mean little, but hey we all started somewhere.:rolleyes: This is the freight/passenger depot for the Monday Creek branch with a little ground cover installed. I still have a long way to go but so far so good I think. The ballast for most of the branch will be from the roadbed of the real Monday Creek branch as soon as I get it ready.

Attachments

• A little scenery.JPG
    A little scenery.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 10

IandOFan71

Mar 20, 2007
Groveport, Ohio
Next up is a couple progress shots of my Sullivan Wood Products project. As you can see I have given the building a nice coat of tan paint with the white roof. The doors and windows are installed with the exception of a freight door. The remainder of my work is installing all the little detail parts, downspouts, exhaust stacks, etc. And yes I meant to leave part of the wall unpainted. I bought some WS "People painting" to create a scene of workers just about to finish the paint job. Enjoy

Attachments

• Sullivan Wood Products 112408.JPG
    Sullivan Wood Products 112408.JPG
    136.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Sullivan Wood Products 112408 other view.JPG
    Sullivan Wood Products 112408 other view.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 13

Kevinkrey

Jul 27, 2006
Saint Paul MN.
Kevin i LOVE this pic!!! Gota couple questions tho

What are the pallets made out of? They look cool :thumb:

Who makes that Forklift? i need to get a few dozen of them for my M&ET modules lol

Have you posted pics of that truck in the backround before? It looks new and looks pretty cool :mrgreen: i say you should post a pic of the scene looking the other way too so we can see that rig :mrgreen:

BTW, i think the embankment looks okay to me :thumb: :mrgreen:

I figured youd like that picture. Lets see, soo many questions, where do I start?
The pallets are actually stacks of lumber, they are just the cheap atlas lumber stack kits, for like $4 a kit. I have one and want another. I painted the ends red.

The forklift is a Wiking model of a Stihl, I painted it with real Caterpiller yellow paint.

The truck is a cheap truck also, the trailer is just a cheap trucks n stuff (or similar) trailer that was all red, I painted it silver, gave it black flaps with chrome bottoms, painted on brakelights and painted the king pin and surrounding area with a thick coat of black, as I do with all the 5th wheels on my semis.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
I figured youd like that picture. Lets see, soo many questions, where do I start?
The pallets are actually stacks of lumber, they are just the cheap atlas lumber stack kits, for like $4 a kit. I have one and want another. I painted the ends red.

The forklift is a Wiking model of a Stihl, I painted it with real Caterpiller yellow paint.

The truck is a cheap truck also, the trailer is just a cheap trucks n stuff (or similar) trailer that was all red, I painted it silver, gave it black flaps with chrome bottoms, painted on brakelights and painted the king pin and surrounding area with a thick coat of black, as I do with all the 5th wheels on my semis.

Cool thanks for the info Kevin :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I want to get a few of those Atlas Lumber Kits as well :thumb:

chessie4155

Mar 17, 2006
Vincennes, Ind.
www.geocities.com
A different kind of cat than what I'm used too...lol
catload.jpg

Packers#1

Ultimate Packers Fan
Jun 23, 2008
Aiken, SC
I've been busy w/ the paint I got for my birthday.
Boxcar:
100_1155.jpg

Front of the GP35:
100_1156.jpg

Back of GP35:
100_1157.jpg

Also gonna start a new layout (and this will be the only one that I'll be working on):
n1444895994_30130679_6009.jpg

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Great pics, everyone..!! :thumb:
Kyle...That's a really neat scene...and the cars are near purrfect..!!
Ed....How did you take that pic..?? It looks terrific..!!

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
S gauge collection

Here we have some shots of my S gauge portion of my collection:cool::wave: You can see they range from toyish to scale detailed models like the American models 4-6-2 and my Americamn Flyer by lionel light Mike.

Attachments

• sg1.jpg
    sg1.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 8
  • sg2.jpg
    sg2.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 9
  • sg3.jpg
    sg3.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 5
  • sg4.jpg
    sg4.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 5
  • sg5.jpg
    sg5.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 9
  • sg6.jpg
    sg6.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 11

CSXect

Dec 31, 2007
here are the last two pics of my collection:thumb: hope you enjoy the overview of S gauge and scale trains.

Attachments

• sg7.jpg
    sg7.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 6
  • sg8.jpg
    sg8.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 7