Weekly Photo Fun 10-3

UP SD40-2

NICE start off this week folks!:thumb:

Jeffrey's F unit got me thinking, most of us have those:winki: , how about F units as the secondary theme this week:mrgreen: .

F9A.jpg

CNW_F7.JPG

doctorwayne

Here's an oldie, an A-B-B-A set of Globe F7s. One B-unit was powered by a single Lindsay power truck, the rest were dummies.
Film_1_-_11A.jpg

Wayne

jeffrey-wimberl

For the past couple of weeks I've been working on two old Mantua flatcars. I cut the horrible looking tops off them (made for culvert pipe I think) and leveled them off with some wallboard joint compound. I now have the new deck down on one of them and it looks really good.

This photo shows what they were like when I got them:
P1010168.jpg

Here's how they looked after I cut them down and painted them:
P1010206.jpg

And here's the one I've completed:
P1010148-1.jpg

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Yes indeed! :thumb:
IMG_0114.jpg

Ralph
By the way Jeffrey, I can think of a railroad that would suit those Jade green flat cars! :mrgreen:

jesso

Kevin - Great Work on that engine!
chessie4155 - Nice over pass scene! Love that Conrail engine!
Lester - Cool video! :thumb: I love any and all layout videos!
Chessie4155 - Nice Night scene. :thumb: Like your Amtrak cars.
Jeffery - Nice b/w picture!
Shaygetz - nice hall, have a soft spot for Tyco stuff, those f units bring back memories
Jeffery - Nice CSX unit!
Deano - Great f Units! I love that snow plow on the Union Pacific!:thumb:
Wayne - Great shot Love the power lines and the whole scene!:thumb:
Jeffery - Nice job on the flatbed.
Ralph - Nice F units!
Tom - Broken record here, but great scenes!:thumb: Nice looking Warbonnet!

doctorwayne

Here's one of my favourite F-unit photographs:
stewartfunits041.jpg

The locos and camera belong to Mister Nutbar, the layout, loco paint job, and camera-activating finger are mine.

Wayne

UP SD40-2

Scott, THANK YOU for the kind words on my F unit plow:smilie: , i kit bashed it to make it EXACTLY like UP's:winki::mrgreen: . Hey, you mentioned you like ALL layout vids, have you checked out Marks(Chessie4155) thread? Mark has a thread chalk full of AWESOME vids of his layout:thumb: . he has MASTERFULLY edited in REAL train sounds that PERFECTLY match the trains running on his layout:thumb::thumb: . you can find his thread by clicking HERE :winki: .

Wayne, GLAD you could make it into the F unit theme:thumb::mrgreen: , i figured you might have had one up your sleeve from days gone by:winki: .

**Perhaps we can get Charlie, or others in this with proto pics too:thumb: . Here are some proto shots of F units i have taken.

DSC00885.JPG

metrafunit.JPG

DSC02761.JPG

DSC09649.JPG

jesso

Wayne, That is a great picture. It should be on the cover of something (book, magazine, web site, whatever!) That picture looks like a place I would love to visit!

Deano, love that BN1, Burlington Northern ran right next to my grandparents house in Cando, North Dakota, when I was growning up.

I have seen Chessie4155's thread, I guess I should comment more on it. I am subscribed to his videos on Youtube so that is how I have been finding them. I love his sound editing on them, I have tried to do sound editing, but I have found it is a skill that must take a lot of patience to get right. I am also subscribed to jbackko, tompmrr, mrfifer, sleckjr, and now lesterpm1. Is there anyone else here on The Gauge that puts videos on YouTube?

UP SD40-2

Wayne, That is a great picture. It should be on the cover of something (book, magazine, web site, whatever!) That picture looks like a place I would love to visit!

Deano, love that BN1, Burlington Northern ran right next to my grandparents house in Cando, North Dakota, when I was growning up.

I have seen Chessie4155's thread, I guess I should comment more on it. I am subscribed to his videos on Youtube so that is how I have been finding them. I love his sound editing on them, I have tried to do sound editing, but I have found it is a skill that must take a lot of patience to get right. I am also subscribed to jbackko, tompmrr, mrfifer, sleckjr, and now lesterpm1. Is there anyone else here on The Gauge that puts videos on YouTube?

Wayne, i agree with Scott:winki: , AWESOME SHOT of nutbars F's on your layout:thumb: .

Scott, i am not sure on anyone else's vids:confused: , perhaps others will chime in on this:winki: . Unfortunately YouTube vids just don't work for me:cry: , I'm dial-up:eek:ops: , but Mark occasionally makes his vids available for downloading, that works out GREAT for me:thumb: .

UP SD40-2

I KNEW you would come through, Charlie:eeki::thumb::mrgreen: ...Ralph is probably drooling over a couple of those:mrgreen: .

FiatFan

Some really nice work so far this week and some great proto photos.

As long as we're all having fun with our F units, here's mine.

First up is my P1K UP version.
IMG_2832.jpg

Followed closely by a Santa Fe version of the same model.
IMG_2834.jpg

Going a little farther afield, here's my P2K E8.
IMG_0244.jpg

For the grand finale, may I present my 1:1 E9.
IMG_1885.jpg

IMG_1926.jpg

Tom

Kevinkrey

After all this is the photo FUN thread. I did a little editing to make it more appropriate, but found it funny.

Attachments

• epic fail.jpg
    epic fail.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 11
N

nachoman

I am young enough that I don't remember seeing many f units in service. I rememeber having an F7 model and thinking how it doesn't look like any trains I see. The only F7 I remember seeing in non-tourist service was probably about 1986 or 1987 in Louisiana or Mississippi. I can't remember what railroad, but I do remember a train passing that had an F unit in the consist.

Kevin

jeffrey-wimberl

The only F7 I remember seeing in non-tourist service was probably about 1986 or 1987 in Louisiana or Mississippi. I can't remember what railroad, but I do remember a train passing that had an F unit in the consist.
KCS was still running F7's in consist as road slugs in the 80's. Almost all of them were in the 'white ghost' paint scheme. The only F units KCS runs today (that I know of) are those that are used to pulled the Southern Belle KCS business train. It's a magnificient sight. They draw a crowd anytime they're in town.