Weekly Foto Phun 10/10-10/16

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by jesso, Oct 10, 2008.

1. mooreway

mooreway Member

Great pictures this week everyone. I have enjoyed them.

Train Nut -It was great to see the building kits assembled. Great Job.. I am working on a roofing solution you will probably like. I will let you know how it works out.

As for Jesso's "pin striping" a few months back I read a post here on the gauge about window mullions. The person was using pin striping tape to make the mullions. ( sorry I couldn't find the post.)

Anyway I ordered some in several widths from 1/64" to 1/4" wide. That is what we used on Jesso's loco. The ebay store link is [​IMG] http://stores.ebay.com/Grafstick-Tape-And-Label I have in the past cut tape to width like Wayne suggests, however I have to say this ended up being alot faster.
  2. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

Thanks for the tip Wayne, i think i may just paint lines for now on then :thumb:

Although, i might try some of the pinstripe tapes that mooreway posted in that link also....
  3. TruckLover

what width would be good for road stripes tho? 1/64. 1/32. 1/16, or 1/8"?

Im talking about the stripes that divide lanes (white stripes) and the stripes that divide lanes going opposite directions (yellow stripes)
  4. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

I'd guess that the 1/16" would be the closest: in HO scale that's just under 6" - I think that may be undersize for most present-day roads, though, but the 1/8" would scale out to almost 1', which I think is too wide.

5. TruckLover

Thanks Wayne :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  6. CCT70

CCT70 Member

Hey Josh, in the past I just made a stencil out of recipe cards, cutting them with a steel ruler and a fresh X-acto #11 blade cutting stencils for dashed lines, and straight lines. I would *very lightly* mark dashed lines with a white colored pencil on my roads (very faint) using a ruler and then hold the stencil with one hand on the marks and spray it with eithe ryellow or white stencil spray paint. It's better than regular Krylon and dries faster and is made to stencil carboard boxes, so it goes on really nice and light and doesn't run. I have used it on plaster roads and sandpaper roads. I also tried using very fine grip tape that I had leftover from applying it to the back bumper of a truck. (anti-skid, really fine grain black weathered with chalk).

I mean, how better to represent paint than paint? sign1
  7. jeffrey-wimberl

jeffrey-wimberl Active Member

8. TruckLover

Thanks Tom

Ive seen that stencil spray paint before at Michaels i think, ill have to look again and pick some yellow and white up :mrgreen:

But how do you do the curves with the stencil?
  9. TruckLover

I like that UP Trailer Jeffery :thumb: Athearn 45'er?
  10. jeffrey-wimberl

You got it.
  11. IandOFan71

IandOFan71 Member

Chessie System SD20-2 #7700 pulls hard on a string of cars in Logan Yard as Coal Extra #4167 prepares to depart for the coal fields with a long string of empties.

Attached Files:

12. chessie4155

chessie4155 Active Member

A fine looking Chessie Unit !:thumb::thumb::thumb:
  13. IandOFan71

IandOFan71 Member

Thank you sir. It definately is a one of a kind.:mrgreen:
  14. jeffrey-wimberl

15. CCT70

CCT70 Member

I use a protractor to cut custom curves in the cards for each particular road.
  16. TruckLover

Thanks Tom :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  17. jeffrey-wimberl