Weekend Photo Fun 10-12 10-14

jeffrey-wimberl

Weekly Photo Fun 10-12 10-14

My newest project is this retaining wall put in for erosion control.

newwal1.jpg

UP SD40-2

GREAT looking wall Jeffrey:thumb: , i have been noticing some real nice work lately on your layout:winki::smilie: .

WOW!:eeki: , we have been off to a late start on the WPF thread for the last 2 weeks, GLAD you started this one out Jeffrey:thumb::mrgreen: .

Here's a local on its way back to the yard:smilie: .
:deano: -Deano
gggjk.JPG

nolatron

Amtrak #62 at the depot siding in Elmwood while a double stack with autos passes on the main.

Attachments

• IMG_2559.jpg
    IMG_2559.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 10

Herc Driver

New Amtrak service starts on the Ballantyne Branch

Charlotte Post Observer - Late Edition
Staff Writer
(Picture courtesy of Amtrak)

Amtrak has been testing the newest Amfleet cars on a new proposed route from Charlotte to Raleigh today and expect to be running the test train well into the night. Railroad officials would not comment on how often the service would be offered, but suggested that daily service from the Queen City to the Research Triangle might begin as early as next week. Amtrak engineers said that initial test runs would utilize a P42 in Phase IV colors, but would be replaced with a newer HHP-8 when all the over-track electrical lines are in place and the electric engine arrives in Ballantyne sometime next week. Norfolk Southern, the giant southern railroad company that owns rights to the tracks, said in a press release that, "We welcome the return of passenger service to the rails," continuing to state that,"they would offer morning and evening use of their rails to Amtrak in return for track options in other areas of the northeast." Fare and expected ridership numbers were not available at this time, but Amtrak officials were excited about adding service between these two important Carolina cities and even discussed connecting service to Atlanta and Washington DC - augmenting the route pioneered by the Southern Railway and assigned to Amtrak in the late 1970's.

Attachments

• Copy of PA120590.JPG
    Copy of PA120590.JPG
    133.5 KB · Views: 10

chessie4155

Great start to this week..Nice pics everyone..:thumb:

A blast from the past...an all blue lashup, just like the good ol days.

HPIM1855.jpg

brakie

Great photos everybody! Keep 'em comin'!

Here we see C&HV GP50 #500 rolling east on Trackage rights on NS from Buckeye yard headin' for home rails at Obitz,Ohio.#500 has 19 cars in tow..15 loads and 4 empties.

Picture041.jpg

jbaakko

Busy weekend for me guys. Allot of Air Force stuff on a Marine base. Rumor has it, the Blue Angels pilots are unhappy this year, because the Thunderbirds were booked, and the Blue Angels haven't missed a show here for 32~ years.

Attachments

• oct11_022.jpg
    oct11_022.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 8
  • oct12_092.jpg
    oct12_092.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 6
  • oct12_093.jpg
    oct12_093.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 1,440

cnw1961

Jeffrey, nice scenery details. Love your culvert scene.:wave:
Deano, I can’t remember having seen this slug before. Did you do the conversion? Looks great.:thumb:
Shaun, nice scene.
Herc, beautiful car. Every time I see your pics I can hardly to believe it’s n-scale.
Mark, beautiful B&O lashup :thumb:. Wish I had enough engines and space to to something like that :eek:ops:.
Brakie, I love that C&HV paint scheme.

I worked a bit on details today.

131007-1.jpg

w8jy

Just north of Flint, Michigan is an 1880s village with operational blacksmith's shop, sawmill, etc. Starting within that village are the tracks that were used by what the locals called the "Huckleberry Railroad". It got that name because people could step off the train to pick huckleberries and step back on when the train returned. This train is a re-creation of that old railroad that now operates purely as a tourist attraction.

The train makes a trip of several miles several times a day. It is interesting to see the modern crossing gates with that old equipment.

Sorry the pics aren't better, but it was an extremely bright day with a lot of contrast.

Attachments

• IMG_1613 copy.jpg
    IMG_1613 copy.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1239.jpg
    IMG_1239.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1248.jpg
    IMG_1248.jpg
    250 KB · Views: 10

jesso

w8jy - Nice Photos:thumb:
cnw1961 - your detail is always amazing:thumb:
jbaakko - Great Planes, love those F-117's :thumb:
brakie - Love those longer trains:thumb:
jeffrey-wimberl - Nice jobs on the retaining walls and culvert:thumb:
chessie4155 - Love that layout, always busy :thumb:
Herc Driver - Cool Cars:thumb:
nolatron - Nice Engine:thumb:
UP SD40-2 - Nice set:thumb:

We moved a new section into Jim's layout today, only two more to go! I took some pictures of chasing a train around his layout.
jim3.jpg

jim2.jpg

jim1.jpg

Bones

Busy weekend for me guys. Allot of Air Force stuff on a Marine base. Rumor has it, the Blue Angels pilots are unhappy this year, because the Thunderbirds were booked, and the Blue Angels haven't missed a show here for 32~ years.

It's interesting to see the F-117s there. They're all in the process of retiring.

jeffrey-wimberl

Here's something I'm working on in my spare time. It's an all paper structure (with the exception of the base).I found the link to the plans on another forum and printed one out and decided to cut it out and build it. I still have to put on some details and install the roof. This is what I have so far.

P1010002-10.jpg

P1010001-13.jpg

I hope to have it completed by tomorrow night.

CNWman

CNW Fan
Great Shots everyone!:thumb:

I guess it's time I did a roll-by:p

Picture_0175.JPG

P2K BL2 C&O
Picture_0174.JPG

P1K F3A CNW
Picture_0173.JPG

Walther's 'Classic' kit FGE insulated boxcar CNW
Picture_0172.JPG

P1K Popcicle 40' boxcar (special limited edition)
Picture_0171.JPG

NMRA convention collector hopper

UP SD40-2

Shaun, NICE SHOT!:thumb:

Herc, the lighting in that car looks GREAT!:thumb:

Mark, FANTASTIC SHOT!:thumb:

Jeffrey, GREAT looking projects going on there!:thumb:

Kurt:wav: , STUPENDOUS JOB on the pallets:thumb: . hey, good eye:winki: , that "slug" IS NEW:mrgreen: , i wanted to get a matching cow to go with that calf, but they didn't have any:frowns: , still, i decided to get the calf(slug).

Josh, NICE air show shots:thumb:

w8jy, WOW!!!:eeki: GREAT SHOTS of the steam equipment:thumb:

Scott, what a FANTASTIC LAYOUT!!!:thumb: hey, if its HO, i have a "homework" assignment for you:eeki: , PLEASE find out who makes the girl sitting by the bush:winki: , THANKS!:mrgreen:

CNWman, dog gone you, i was uploading the pics to MY roll-by, next thing i know, YOU POST ONE:toug: . NICE roll-by!:thumb:

NEW CAR ROLL-BY...
well, i have finally gotten around to doing a few of the kits i have recently bought made up:mrgreen: ....though i still have 5 left to put together:eeki::eek:ops::119: . the engine and caboose are NOT NEW, but everything in between is:thumb::mrgreen: .
yy1.JPG

yy2.JPG

yy3.JPG

yy4.JPG

yy5.JPG

yy6.JPG

yy7.JPG

yy8.JPG

yy9.JPG

UP SD40-2

Sorry Deano,
She's proto48, which means she's almost twice as big as you thought she was sign1
well, thats just MY luck:roller: , THANKS for the info though Scott:thumb: .

A post from Dads...:thumb:
While at dads today, i took a couple pics:mrgreen: , the inspiration for these shots came from a pic my good friend Wayne posted a while back:winki::mrgreen::thumb: . The lighting at dads is fine in person:thumb: , but NOT great for pics:cry: , sorry folks:eek:ops: . **OK, thats enough pics for me this week...:eek:ops: .
DSC03441.JPG

DSC03447.JPG