WEEEE Doggies! Looky Here!

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
LoudMusic said:
Does anyone know why they chose an F9 A unit and F7 B units?

I suspect that the NS picked engines they had for restoration, and they probably picked the two best units for the project. The F-9A is probably at least 55 years old and the F-7B is probably over 60 years old. Most people would not notice if both were F-7s or F-9s, and for railfans, the railroads used to mix and match the A & B units regularly when these units were in regular service.

91rioja

Mar 18, 2006
High Point, NC
I've also heard the rumormill grinding about another local North Carolina railroad getting their hands on a few F units as well; The Aberdeen Carolina and Western. I'll have to check it out on my next trip to Pinehurst.

JR&Son

Dec 26, 2006
Near the NCVA RR
I saw the NC engines on a siding in Aberdeen about 45 days ago. Have tried numerous times to get Aberdeen and Western to contact me but have had little luck. What I saw was from about 100 yards away. Appeared to be in Red Primer. They were on there way to the Engine shop @ Star NC, off Hwy 220 aka I-73 well South of Greensboro. Good luck with getting anyone to contact you.

JR&SON

Herc Driver

Apr 18, 2005
North Carolina
Oh you don't know what you're missing CNWman...cheezy sets, really fake special effects, and almost laughable dialogue. Yet the old Star Trek series from the sixties was a classic.

McFortner

Sep 9, 2002
Stockbridge, GA
Visit site
Thank Heaven above that they painted it the Tuxedo scheme. Now if NS would only paint the rest of their engines like that....

I wonder if they will ever head south of Atlanta to Macon? They would have to pass through Stockbridge and come Heck and high water I would be there to take pictures of them.

Michael

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
McFortner said:
Thank Heaven above that they painted it the Tuxedo scheme. Now if NS would only paint the rest of their engines like that....

I wonder if they will ever head south of Atlanta to Macon? They would have to pass through Stockbridge and come Heck and high water I would be there to take pictures of them.

Michael

If they ever want to take the business train South, they would probably come through. When we have a big event like the Superbowl held in So Cal, or like the Republican National Convention a few years ago in San Diego, the BNSF & UP had business trains down here. I don't know what would happen in Macon to bring the business train there, but is Macon on the route to Orlando or other possible Florida destinations? Does the NS send a business train to Daytona during the speed weeks and Daytona 500?

Thoroughbreed

Aug 4, 2006
South Eastern AL
Heres SAM shortlines that run thru Americus, Plains and so forth being pulled by Heart Of GA railway.
http://www.samshortline.com/net/content/page.aspx?s=1156.0.3.1144
Check out their excursions that run daily:thumb:

Edit: the prices are dirt cheap too!!!
INDIVIDUALS
Coach Class - Seats are not assigned.

Adults - $22.99*
Seniors (62+) - $19.99*
Children(3-12) - $12.99*
Veterans OR Military active and retired- $19.99* NEW RATE