WEEEE Doggies! Looky Here!

brakie

The newsest NS units..

Well the local railfan scene is abuzz with the news of NS F units making their first road trip to Georgia.Sadly the units are rumored to be heading East then heading for Georgia on the old Southern main line..

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=181486

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=181478

I will be spending more time track side and will have my scanner on 24/7.I know sooner or later they will roll through here since the Sandusky Line is a major artery.

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
cool beans,it looks like those F-units are running regular service,whats up with that? i thought they were retired from reg. service a long time ago.that is pretty cool that you can railfan yesteryears engines! hope to see some more pics of them bad boys! next to the 2-6-6-6,F-units are my fav!:thumb:--josh

Russ Bellinis

A few years ago the NS announced that they were discontinuing the steam program and putting the J and the other restored steam locomotives in museums. Are the F-units going to be used forbusiness train service to replace the J?

steamhead

I'd set up camp trackside to take a gander at those beauties...!!! :D

Hope you see'em, and shar the pics with the less fortunate...:cry:

railohio

The F-units are for special moves, "business trains" as some might say. They're just being tested on freight service near the shops before they are finally released for service.

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
The F-units are for special moves, "business trains" as some might say. They're just being tested on freight service near the shops before they are finally released for service.

oh,thats what i was thinking.but it would be cool to see some old F-units on reg service!i hope to see more pics of it soon brakie!:thumb:--josh

brakie

railohio said:

Actually they are on their way to Georgia.

Yea, but thats Augusta, north of Atlanta. I live south of there. Maybe I'll get lucky and see them. I saw the GP60 #4610, in Southern green and gold, when it came through here.:thumb:

CNWman

CNW Fan
Thoroughbreed said:
Nah, theyre rebuilt units that were taken out of service. They sure look new though.:thumb:

Great, just great. MUST.....GET.....THOUGHTS....OF....GETTING...MODEL...ENGINES...REINSTATED... INTO...SERVICE...OUT...OF...MY...HEAD!!!!!!!! First a special on 4449 and now this!?! I...MUST...RESIST!!!!

HAHA, after 1st look, I started looking thru my shells for an F9A, and found 1. Now soaking in mineral spirits to remove paint job my daughter did when she was about 6.sign1

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
im m now in the process of looking for a F9 in C&O colors....im starting to hate pics f cool engines...LOL--josh

joesho

even if they're not doing regular service ,they are doing some type of service,anyway i LOVE seeing old restored equipment running!:D ps,they look like they are getting pushed by the newer units in the photos....are yall sure they run??,just a question

Herc Driver

CNWman - that was too funny...(of course I read your post with William Shatner in mind).

...and the rest of the crew would say...

Spock: "I would be logical then for you to want one a great deal. It follows that since creating a replica of the new NS F9 is within your power - you should persue that. It would be illogical to resist the need."

Bones: "Da$%t" Jim it's just and engine."

Scotty: "Aye, but she's a wee beautiful engine at that...and she'd give you all the power you'd need."

O'Hura: "Captain, I've contacted you local hobby shop...they say they can get you an F9 undecorated shell immediately...what is your responce Captain?"

Sulu: "Shall I lay in a course Sir?"