Wed 10-18 Question of the day

ezdays

Out AZ way
Hey, I've been thinking a lot about this one:

If someone gave you $1000(USD) or the equivalent, on the condition that you spent it all on your model RR, what would you buy with it?

Sounds intriguing doesn't it??????

LoudMusic

Right now at this very moment, I'd probably build an engine roster of On30 Bachmanns (couple Shays, a 2-6-0, maybe a Porter (not my fav)), and a big ole string of disconnects.

Or less trains and more ... benchwork! :)

Yeah, starting from scratch, the possibilities are endless.

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Well, I would finish getting my HO scale layout supplies: Buildings, scenery, track, rail cars and a couple of engines.:D :D

Then I would buy as much as I could for my N Scale layout to get started.:thumb: :thumb:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Geeze, how generous of someone. :D In N scale, spending the whole $1000 on one engine would mean it was solid gold, not brass. :rolleyes: Nope, I think I'd spend it all on my layout. For one thing, I think I'd replace all my Atlas turnouts and track with code 55 and tortise switches. Yeah, I'd be willing to tear out all my trackwork to do this.:wave: What money that would be left would go into buying a couple of those $100+ structure kits, including a cityscape background kit.:thumb: :thumb:

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Some of the more moundane stuff - landscaping supplies, benchwork materials, some tools, airbrush and paint booth, and if there's anything left -- what Rusty said...!

Andrew

What a tough question. Do I want some craftsman structure kits? A DCC system with someone else installing the decoders? Down payment on my planned new train building? Maybe I'll invest in a model railroad store. Of course I could always expand my freightcar and engine roster, or buy a lot of other supplies. I don't have a for sure answer yet.

steamhead

A couple of BLI's, or maybe just one BIG BOY or Y6...! Then stuff to give what's left to do on my layout a good kick in the pants...

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Hmmmmm, maybe I'd buy a couple excellent quality locomotives with sound and go DCC.
OR....I'd spend it on a good block signal system and some working blinking cross guards....

Gil Finn

A ZW and some standard gauge.

I always wanted and yet do a Blue Comet but it would take more than a grand for that.

Good question.

wickman

I'd have to by more elctronics gagetry's and more rolling stock ...definately some good quality rolling stock.I need a wack of LED's and a couple more Hares.

TrainNut

Ditat Deus
Have you seen the current construction status of my layout? $1,000 buckaroos would come in real handy right now! Lessee.... I need a digitrax DCC system and... oh yeah, one of them Precision Craft sound equipped DCC 448 ALCO AT&SF PA2/PB2 set, Warbonnet, 59L/59A, Power A with LokSound/DC/DCC, Dummy B, N. Track and switches would be good also. Are you listening Santa?

Attachments

• Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    Untitled-1 copy.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 62

Ray Marinaccio

Alot of nice dreams we all have.
So why wait for someone to give you the money.
Think about where the last $1000 you spent on your RR came from and start saving for your dream.
Make your own dreams come true.
I would buy a bunch of roundtoits to finish all the projects I have going.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Ray Marinaccio said:
Think about where the last $1000 you spent on your RR came from and start saving for your dream.
That's a great comment! :) :)

When someone asks if I'd like a million dollars (Lottery) I always say - -I had a million, I spent it - -I'm working on spending the second million now :D :D :D :D

wickman

Ray Marinaccio said:

yep bin there doig that :wave:

jasbourre

Thats funny, I just won $500.00, 2 weeks ago, I went directly to my LHS and purchased 2 loco's and a bunch on scrach building material, with about $40.00 bucks to spare.