Website Banner

Which banner do you think I should use at the top of my website pages?

• (a) Unweathered Plymouth DDT switcher and gondola in front of mountains

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (b) Weathered SW1500 duo with boxcars on work diorama

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rockislandmike

Nov 6, 2001
Edmonton AB
dayfornight.qazam.com
Just wanted everyone's opinion on which banner they thought looked better at the top of my website pages: (a) the unweathered switcher and gondola in front of the mountains; or (b) the weathered SW1500 duo hauling a couple of boxcars.

To see what I mean:

(a) unweathered
http://www.heatherandmichael.com/prb/passenger.html

(b) weathered
http://www.heatherandmichael.com/prb/amtrak.html

Additional Info: the unweathered switcher, a Plymouth DDT, was never owned by The Rock, and was sold on eBay. This shot was also taken on a small switching layout that has since been scrapped. The "weathered" pic is from my work diorama that I posted pics of earlier today.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Well Michael, my preference is to go with realism so weathered is my choice. Not that it couldn't be a picture of a brand new unit. Used ones are more like the real world though.

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
I voted for the Plymouth because I think it's a better picture (brighter) and I love critters especially Plymouths. I think it's an MDT though. MDT's have the wart centered in front of the windsheild and the front of the dog house sticks out.
plyMDT.jpg

DDT's are shorter and lack the warts.
plymouth5.jpg

Plymouths sure have a lot of character!
hh1171.jpg

More Plymouths (8 to 20 tonners)

and 25-70 tonners

There is a modeling errors on these too (not your errors). The springs are located inboard to the drivers as in the top pic for a standard gauge rail and the springs are outside on narrow gauge as in the second pic and as in the model, which is not narrow gauge. At least mine are not. Also, the several model makers who sold MDT's use road names that never owned one. My information comes from e-mail correspondence with Jay Reed who litterly wrote the book on critters, twice :D :D :D

I am hoping to model a CR-4 soon :)

You have some cool stuff, I was looking over your pages the other day.