Website Address

Discussion in 'The Real Thing- North America' started by Bob Collins, Apr 27, 2002.

1. Bob Collins

Bob Collins Active Member

Can anyone help me with a website address where I can get information about riding the train from Calgary to Vancouver? We're talking about flying to Calgary, taking the train to Vancouver and then flying home. Want to stop in Banff too.

Thanks

Bob
  2. YakkoWarner

YakkoWarner Member

3. Bob Collins

Thanks very much. I'll check it out. My the service is prompt around here :D :D

Bob
  4. wsdimenna

wsdimenna New Member

5. Bob Collins

Thanks Bill, I very much appreciate the infoirmation. It is nice to be able to make informed decisions and these couple of websites will go a long way to help me do just that.

Bob
  6. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Calgary to Vancouver

Bob & Bill:
    Via does not run through Calgary anymore.
    Roucky Mountain railtours at
    www.rkymtnrail.com
    2 day tour with overnight in Kamloops, alternate train goes to Jasper (farther north).
    This is one of those land cruise trains.
    Leves Calgary 7:00 AM sun tues Thurs
    (Information from Canadian Trackside Guide) (plug!):)

Unfortunately, Banff is the first stop west of Calgary. Very worth seeing, but I doubt they'll let you do a stopover there. Well worth seeing, but a 2 day stay may only suit if you like hiking with the grizzly bears.
  7. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Bob:
    I forgot at the time, but CPR has occasional runs in that area, using vintage equipment and maybe a steam engine.
    Not sure of the website.
    Hope you won the lottery.