WebCam at Horseshoe Curve

Discussion in 'The Real Thing- North America' started by Chessie6459, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

The Altoona Railroad Museum has placed a new object at the curve. Have you ever wish you could watch the trains go around horseshoe curve without leaving home? Now you can, the museum has placed a webcam up at the curve now and you can watch trains 24/7/365 go around the curve. Here is the link to the website where you can find the webcam: Altoona Railroad Museum Webcam
  2. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Well now that's a natural idea! You'd think they'd have done it earlier! cool!
  3. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Thanks Matthew That is a neat web site.
  4. Chessie6459

Very True Ralph. They should have done it a long time ago, but i guess they didn't think of it until i guess now. Also Ralph, i got an email for my Grandfather, there is a possibility that there might be a 1-1/2 inch scale railroad there. As you may remember i posted pictures of the steamers in this part of the forum and also in the-gauge magazine. I still have to get ahold of my pap to tell him about this LOL :D :D :D

Robin, Your Welcome. Yes that is a neat website. Gives alot of information.
  5. Dave Flinn

Dave Flinn Member

I just tried to access the site and was told I had to have Axis Media Control, or some such. This is something I have never even heard of, and it did not indicate how or where to get it. Can anybody help?
  6. Matthyro

Dave I went to Google and asked it to find Axis Media Control which it did. It is a small exe file in zip mode so download is quick then unzip and the exe does the install. Then go back to the Horseshoe cam and it works.
  7. Chessie6459

Thanks Robin for clearing that up. I didn't have the chance to get around to telling him, so Thank You :wave: :wave:
  8. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Too Cool!!! Thanks!!!
  9. Chessie6459

Your Welcome :wave: :wave:
  10. Chessie6459

The cool thing about this webcam is you can take snap shots of the trains passing by. I found that to be pretty cool :cool: :cool:
  11. Livesteam

Livesteam Member

Where do i go once im on that page? i can't find the webcam
  12. Matthyro

Livesteam look below the picture and it says Horseshoe Curve webcam. Click on it to go to it.
  13. Chessie6459

I am glad i found this webcam. I was just looking at my local news channel and came across this and i thought i would bring it to all my friends here at the-gauge.