Discussion in 'Tips, Tutorials & Tools' started by modelincard, Dec 27, 2005.

1. modelincard

modelincard Member

I discoveres (by accident) that a model can be wethered by coloring the reverse side of the paper with a Sharpie. Some of it bleeds through, but it does it unevenly, creating an interesting whethered look.

B.T.W.-I haven't used this on a whole model yet, I actually discovered this by messing up while trying to make the reverse of a part black.:razz:
  2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Hey Alex,

Go to a craft store....or arts supply store and pick up a

PRISMACOLOR marker.

They make many different colors but I like the grey markers best, I got one each in 20% 50% and 70% Cool Grey. They have other percentages but this is all I have tried so far. They even make a Hot Grey, but I haven't tried it yet.

These markers have two tips, a broad tip on one end and a fine tip on the other. They "bleed" through from the backside and the grey gives a better weathering effect. I have been experimenting with this technique (found it by accident, like you) and was trying our different markers and found that these produce a very good effect.

The type of paper being used effects how well this techniques works, but I think you will like these markers and the effects you can achieve.