Weathering Systems Question?

Hello everyone, can anyone recomend one or the other of the Weathering systems out there today? I have used chalks in the past, but there seems to be some new ones out now like Bragden Enterprises and Doc Holidays etc. Anyone have any experience with any of these? Any info or help is appreciated. Hopefully Deano will chime in since hes an expert on weathering all that UP stuff.:thumb: Thanks!
Steve

Dan McDonald

There is a guy selling on "that site" who does amazing weathering jobs. I'm wondering if he posts here.
The seller ID is "tankersnake"
Nice Stuff!

I'd love a tutorial on waethering!

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
If you want to learn how to weather using Deano's method, here is the link to page 23 of his old thread, http://www.the-gauge.com/showthread.php?t=19717&page=23

I love this method and I think that it is so easy and looks so good.:thumb: :) Maybe you should combine chalk weathering with Deano's method and make the cars look even better!!!:thumb: :D

I got a DVD on Easy Weathering Techniques by The Trackside Modeler yesterday and I watched it. There were 3 techniques that I liked the best and they were all used on the same car combined together. First came chalk weathering, then Deano's method, followed by drybrushing, and then of cource a layer of dull cote. An easy way to get what you want. You can even to the trucks and couplers with the chalks followed by drybrushing.

Im going to start to combine chalk weathering and drybrushing with Deano's easy weathering technique!!!:thumb: :D

Jac's Lines

Somebody has maybe mentioned this already, but I think it would be really helpful if Deano's section on weathering could be lifted out of the long thread where it currently resides and posted as a new thread. It really is a useful resource (and I would suggest that it belongs in the Academy).

UP SD40-2

Jac's Lines said:
Somebody has maybe mentioned this already, but I think it would be really helpful if Deano's section on weathering could be lifted out of the long thread where it currently resides and posted as a new thread. It really is a useful resource (and I would suggest that it belongs in the Academy).
Jac's Lines & Josh, I THANK YOU, for mentioning my "weathering tutorial":D , HOWEVER, announce1 i STRONGLY DISAGREE with taking it out of my old thread to place it on its own. HONESTLY, i have thought/am thinking about WIPING IT FROM THE FACE OF THIS FORUM. why? because i did the tutorial as a BEGINNERS start to EASY weathering, i even stated: "this IS NOT for the advanced modeler", yet i have seen attacks against my tutorial, and have had just about ENOUGH of it. announce1 THE reason i posted it was to get those that are/were scared to weather their stuff, to get passed the "hump", and start doing it:thumb: . I, and MANY others, were tired of seeing "shiny" plastic models running around our layouts, but didn't have the "gonzos" to attempt weathering, THUS, i created the tutorial to get people past that stage;) . **AGAIN, IT WAS MEANT AS A STARTING STEP, if you find you like weathering and want to continue on(like Josh:D ), PLEASE DO!:thumb: . THANKS!:D -Deano

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Deano,

This is the price of fame! :) Seriously, we greatly appreciate your efforts to encourage others to attempt weathering. Its a nice thread that I'll be happy to leave alone according to your wishes.

Ralph

UP SD40-2

Ralph said:
...Seriously, we greatly appreciate your efforts to encourage others to attempt weathering. Its a nice thread that I'll be happy to leave alone according to your wishes. Ralph
THANK YOU Ralph!, and THANK YOU Ralph!:D -Deano

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
yeah, forgets the idiots who try to put it down. they clearly didn't care enough to read it to know it was only a beginners deal. their comments should mean nothing, because they know nothing.