Weathering Powders

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by Conrail, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Conrail

Conrail Member

I know there are several available. Any suggestions and possibly a link to where to buy would be great. Thank you for your time.
  2. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Try Micro-Mark, here.
  3. Conrail

Conrail Member

Nice :thumb: Thank you.
  4. Will_annand

Will_annand Active Member

My wife picks up eye shadow at the dollar store and I think it would be great for weathering. I seem to recall an article in either MR or RMC a couple of years ago that talked about eye shadow weathering.
  5. tillsbury

tillsbury Member

I use Bragdon's stuff -- it's great. No Dullcote needed...

6. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

I just scrape the sides of pastel chalks to get what I need. Placed in a water color pallete and then applied with a stiff bristle brush, I seal it with Krylon Matte Finish.

Attached Files:

7. zedob

zedob Member

I remember using cigarette ashes. Seriously, I read it in an article years ago and tried it. They actually worked well.

But...I wouldn't suggest taking up smoking to weather your models. It's too costly and is a health risk.:(
  8. Conrail

Conrail Member

:D That was funny. Ive been searching around and I think I will be using an assortment of items. I will try some of the AIM Products powders, some of the Reeves Gouche watercolors, and a splash of Rustall. It seems from the pictures I have viewed that each of the items add there own special touch and combining the watercolors with the powders gives you almost unlimited options. We shall see.