We need your HELP!!!

Greetings All:

The local model railroad club I belong to is building a muesum next to it's store. We are looking for anything that has to do with railroads in Wisconsin. However, we will accept any type of railroad item!

Here's a small list of items we are looking for:

1.Lanterns
2.Telegrapg Key
3.Uniforms
4.Signal lights
4.Rubber stamps
5.Old Tickets
6.Glass insulators form poles
7.Ads
8.Magazines
9.Old Lionel trains
10.ANYTHING!!!!

The muesum will be interactive. There will be about 6 Lionel trains that kids will be able to drive. A dinning area. A ticket depote and many other things.

You can get a hold of me here or my email adress. You can also get ahold of Ted. You can contact him through his web site. www.hobbyconnect.com

Jessica and I needs your help too. I am loning them my artifical Christmas Tree. It will have railroad them. Does anyone have any ideas to decorate it? So far I plan on using my Hallmark Lionel Collectors Orniments. Plus Jessica will make orniments that will have all the heralds on it.

WE NEED YOUR HELP ON THIS PROJECT! ALL IDEAS WILL BE WELCOMED!

Andy

PS
I am checking out E-Bay. However, we all know those prices can be outta this world!:eek:

alkcnw

Apr 10, 2002
camp douglas Wis.
Visit site
Hey Andy, (funny its like I'm talking to myself) I have some telegraph insulators that where on the old Omaha line that ran through Camp Douglas. they tore down all the poles when they made it a bike trail. Some of the insulatores where still pretty good so I grabbed some before they went to the dump. If you want a couple I can let you have some. I just don't want to get rid of all of them (I'm selfish)!!:eek:

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
Andy:
How serious/solemn is your club? You could let the kids that drive the trains (or their younger siblings) make decorations. Depending on the size of the tree, print out some locomotive/caboose/box car drawings that can be coloured, cut out and hung from a string.
There are also some perfectly unrealistic brass sheet train ornaments that your friends and relatives give you. You could probably decorate a whole tree by asking the club.

Good Ideas!

Andy:

Yes, we would like one or two. Would you want us pay for shipping? You can email me at kf4jqd@pcpros.net to work out the details.

David:
That is a GREAT idea. I know Ted has some railroad coloring books. We could copy them and the kids could colur and cut them out. Put a peice of yarn or ribbon and hang them on the tree!

I like the ideas. Keep them coming!

Andy:D