We have been hacked

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by rickstef, Dec 19, 2004.

1. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Fantastic job..........nice to see professional work! Thanks to both of you for doing such a great job all the time!
  2. Ron

Ron Member

Hi guys

From what I can tell, this happened today about 6:30 am Eastern time. Rick was kind enough to give me this aproximation. Did anyone see when the change happened? The reason I'm asking is that I have 3 or 4 ip's that were
    logged in about that time and I want to make sure before I take a few measures into my own hands.

All my best
  3. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi Ron

I posted on Jim's thread today at 8.58am and it all looked fine then, I don't know if it needs time to filter down through the system or not.

But I had no bother, it was only when I logged back in around noon that I noticed the change.

I don't know if this helps

4. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

I did not see when it happened. However I tried to get here around 6:45am Central Time and got that area88 message.
    Yep, some folks need a different hobby.
  5. barry

barry Active Member

It was Ok about 12.30 gmt went soon after that

6. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

I've been at work all day but just found out about what happened. What a waste of time. What on earth do people have to gain by messing with a site like this. I don't get it, and I'm even one of those "kids" some of you mentioned. Luckily though I do have a hobby :lol: . I'm glad to know that Ron and Rick already have things back to normal. You guys are amazing. Thank you so much for all of the precious time and work you put into this community.
  7. Jimi

Jimi Member

sigh.. like what my father said, "the world wont run out of jerks". at first, i thought my pc broke down until i found out that the site was hacked when i recieved the email from cardmodels.net. good job u guys. yep.. looks like the hacker doesnt want us to have a happy christmas.
  8. DN

DN Member

Bravo to Ron and Rick for quick action. Once you guys get some break from this fixing and restoring I would be very interested in what exactly happened since I do have a web site myself.
  9. barry

barry Active Member

Well done and quick I think you need a sharp word or two with the server operators. They are the first line of defence after all. I hope my ip number helped pinpoint your timing because I was very close to the time it went off but I was not going to put it on the site I have enough trouble from hackers as it is, my firewall looks like world war 3 but I did email it seperately to you.

10. kk135

kk135 Member

It's the little geek's mountain. He did it to prove he could.
  11. Square

Square Member

Hey Ron,
    Everyone please check your profiles..... I just logged in here today to check all my forums I go to as I started receiving odd e-mails..... My profiles we're also changed here ... this is not a kid doing this stuff ....

12. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

i not see any chcng in my profile man

looks ther is a lots of new virus for the new year now on the net
    this is pasibol thet the server got a viros?i gav elots of prob on my oun comp (new prob)
  13. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

well ron about the ips thing

i tray to conect @ 20:00 israel time
    and not sure what was the time i conect befor (think at 8:00 am israel time)
    my ip is not static and chngin all the time wan i restart my comp

ther is a way to know my lasts ips ?

by the way

i talking on virus thing...

ass we all know
    a good viros will tack control on ather computer and kip do it
    and the infected 1 will see the ather infected ips and not the master 1

u know the lavel suqurty of the server?high low? or so

i think thet hacking like this 1 is can be only in 2 ways

1 the guy have a full exces to the admin of the forum using the user name and pass of 1 of yours (ron , rik )

2 hi mast be very master server man

if the site is on a privet computer / server at your homes
    u mast chck a virus

hoep thet i can help in anything in this story i will do my best like all of us

if i not here
    fill free to contact me
    msn : yanivgoa@hotmail.com
    e mail : the some one like msn
    if u prefer to call me please contact me privet i am a computer web server i can help
  14. kk135

kk135 Member

Hi Ron,

Ity seems the same thing almost happened to my astro club's BB. My webmaster's take on it is that a version of php was found to have a security issue. It sounds like the developers of php found and fixed it and sent the resulting upgrade out to their registered uses. Check that your carrier got the upgrade.

Here is a link associated with this security issue;
    as well as a link from the phpbb comunity at
  15. Ron

Ron Member

Thanks a million for that! The changes have been made according to the phpbb post. Hopefully that was the vulnerability that was taken advantage of.
    I haven't updated the site in awhile because of the huge amounts of modifications that have been done. Piotr of Kartonwork and I will be tackling the rest of the updates right after Christmas

All my very best and thanks again!

16. Gil

Gil Active Member

17. cadwal

cadwal Member