We have been hacked

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by rickstef, Dec 19, 2004.

1. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Hi all,

Someone decided overnight to hack us, this has resulted in redirection page not redirecting to the main portal page,

it looks like the hacker has deleted the graphic folder with all the graphics for banners, and logos

I am trying to fix as much as possible, but it looks like it will take some time

I will keep you informed

2. DeWayne

DeWayne Member

What will you need from any of us? May not be able to assist much but let us know.
  3. rickstef

rickstef Guest

No idea DeWayne

hopefully Ron and I can fix it

4. Texman

Texman Guest

Just put out the word on what ya need. We'll circle the wagons and
    help out.

P.S. - I'll get the hangin rope!
  5. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Man........... see this is the reason kids need some kind of a hobby. If they had been building card models instead of being mischievous with a PC this might not have happened :)

That's assuming it was kids.

Count me in if there is anything I can do to help.
  6. Why in the world would someone hack a site like this.
  7. nebeltex

nebeltex Member

not good....

...i can reply to posts but cannot access the forums. i get something about "area88.et was here".... :?:
  8. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

It seems the link to the overall forums page is hacked, but if you click on the links on the hope page for the new postings you can get access.
    Only idiots would do something like this...what's the point? :roll:
  9. lunarhighway

lunarhighway Member

one thing i don't get...

Why go trough all the trouble hacking a forum so that it displays
    Area88.et was here o/
    when you can just make a new tread to say that.
    says enough i think :p
    of course it's not funny since you guys are doing a great job on this nice site you have to clean up the mess.

btw i did a quick google search on this "guy" and apparently he's been bussy hacking a lot of forums... don't know if that helps, in case you're gonna report it somewhere?

I hope this guy will find something more usefull to do with his computerskills soon. It's easy enough to annoy people. Trying to make them happy, now that's a real chalange!
  10. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi all

If you want to get to threads that are no longer on the main page you can do it like this for now.

If you have posted a thread or a reply to a thread you wish to see or post in, go to your profile and click show all posts, all the posts you have made will be shown. Just click the post for the thread you want and your in. If its a post that another user has posted go to thier profile and do the same.
    It will do for now while Rick and Ron get on with the clean up, if any of use can help just shout!!

Hope this helps

11. silverw

silverw Member

I,m finding my browser "history" section comes in handy.
  12. Ron

Ron Member

Sorry about the delay guys. I just found out and I'm on it as I write this.
    Hopefully, I'll get it sorted out right away.

13. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Thanks, Ron and Rick!

I know it's a bear to clean up this mess, but just to let you know (as if you already didn't) we all appreciate the time and effort you and others spend in keeping this site alive and going! :D

14. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Thanks Jim,

Ron was able to restore from a CD he made just last night, WHEW

Ron and I are the only two working on the site under the hood, we do have a great group of moderators and the best group of members, that is why Ron and I keep busting our asses to make this the best cardmodeling board site out there.

Happy Holidays to you and yours, and keep the blade sharp

15. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

thanks guys this stuff annoys the crap out of everyone, You would think if he visited this site and looked around it and all the neat things we do why on earth would he mess this up? These kids need a hobby.
  16. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

i not have what to say
    its just makes me be so hepy thet all the ppl here are so conected and want to help

ron and rick kip do in a g8 work and just remember thet we are all here for this site and this world called
    "card models"
  17. Ron

Ron Member

I'm sorry for the inconvienience guys. The site is back to what we had
    before the hack but that doesn't mean it can't happen again. I'm in the process of going through the logs to see who did this along with some other security measures. After Christmas, we will be upgrading the site to help guard it against attacks like this one.
    Thanks for the patience!

All my best
  18. Gil

Gil Active Member

Thank you!

Best regards, Gil
  19. Scorpio

Scorpio Member

The hacker this are rather spiritual disabled persons without hope for healing !!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Ron!

Best regards
  20. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Great job, guys!
    Glad that we are still around.