We have a winner for Feb

ezdays

Out AZ way
Hey folks, it was a great contest, lots of entries and lots of voters. We have a winner, Gary Pfeil won this month's contest. Congratuations Gary, nice work. :thumb::thumb:

One thing I am please about that everyone got lots of votes.:D :D Second, third and fourth places were so close, separated by one or two votes, that it wouldn't be fair to declare anything but first place. I will be putting Gary's pic in the Gallery "winner's circle".:wave:

Now let's talk about the contest for March. We are not getting many entries, and I really don't know why. It's not that tough, take a picture of anything that you had worked on, your layout, your club or friend's layout, a diorama. You all can't tell me that you can't find a small section of something that you did that is complete. Give me some feedback on this if you think the contest is off-base; if not, then get going, we're almost to the middle of the month and no one has entered yet. :confused:

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Congrats Gary!
I think the problem with this months contest is...To many people have George Sellios's video, and like me, don't think one scene is complete. Are they ever?

Gary Pfeil

Thanks guys, Don, don't be bashful, yes it was close, but you got second, if you won't say so, I will! Congrats to all, there were so many fine pics. Here was another from my trip to Steamtown that rainy day in 1980.

Attachments

• P1010729.jpg
    P1010729.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 93

ezdays

Out AZ way
eightyeightfan1 said:
Congrats Gary!
I think the problem with this months contest is...To many people have George Sellios's video, and like me, don't think one scene is complete. Are they ever?
Yeah, that's a good point, but the criteria here is if you don't see any foam, it must be complete enough to enter.:wave: I see lots of pics posted here that more than qualify. Hey, my layout isn't close to being finished, but I found one little corner that looks close enough to being complete to enter in the contest. :rolleyes:

ezdays

Out AZ way
EngineerKyle said:
Hello Everyone,

How can I see the winning entry?

Engineer Kyle (new)
Kyle,

Got to the "Photo Contest" forum to view all entries in the current and past contests. Since you haven't seen the thread, click here and run down the entries. The winning entry is the last one on the last page.

All winners are in the Gallery, go here, or just click on the "gallery" on the link bar at the top of any page, go to "main albums" and then "Winners circle". All winner's pictures, from as far back as I can find are there. Some months I've been able to post second and third place entries as well.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
CONGRATULATIONS GARY !!!!
Nice photo !!! But wait a minute, I know that locomotive! When I stopped in to Steamtown,(Bellows Falls, Vt.) in 1976, I jokingly remarked that I'd sure like to drive that loco. The engineer, obviously thinking, "right, you're going to drive this thing", said "go ahead"....................I did, up the passing siding, and back down to within 3' of the train!

That will probably be the last memory to leave(I hope), as age destroys the rest.

Gary Pfeil

Wow Pete, that is cool. I'm surprised they let you, even back then. Hey, is that you who just backed his loco to his train?

Or is this you?

Attachments

• P1010733.jpg
    P1010733.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 37
  • P1010734.jpg
    P1010734.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 38
Hello,

I would like to submit an entry, can I do it here?
Colors
afk.sized.jpg

ezdays

Out AZ way
EngineerKyle said:
Hello,

I would like to submit an entry, can I do it here?
Kyle,

Nice pic, but a bit late for this contest I'm afraid...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You can post pics like this in the regular photo forum anything you want. To be sure, they are more than welcome there. There's a new contest thread in the photo contest forum that this or another one like it would work out just fine. Give it a try...:D :D

Hi Don,

I'm think I'm getting the hang of this. So I entered this photo on the contest thread (peter piper picked....) so will it be valid for Marches voting? when does the "poll" thread come out?

Thanks, fun stuff!

Kyle

ezdays

Out AZ way
EngineerKyle said:
Hi Don,

I'm think I'm getting the hang of this. So I entered this photo on the contest thread (peter piper picked....) so will it be valid for Marches voting? when does the "poll" thread come out?

Thanks, fun stuff!

Kyle
By posting it where you did, you have entered your picture in this month's (March) contest. Go to the first post in that thread and read the rules. Contests usually close on the last day of the month at which time a voting "poll" is open for ten days. All of these things vary according to they type of contest and the type of vote we have. For example, sometimes we will run a contest for two months or two contests in the same month. The holiday contest ran two months but there was no voting, everyone was a winner that entered.:thumb: :thumb:

Always read the first post in the contest thread for all the information you need.